Transitmania 10 @Santa Pod 18th to 20th May 2018

Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Need a certain part? Ask on here!

Moderator: Luke

Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Postby tedbullpit » Tue May 22, 2018 10:47 am

Hi all, I'm looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack ! I can't seem to find one in Australia, I'm wanting the pedal assembly to suit my van. ( 6/96 2.5tdi, manual box) Must have two electrical plugs. Or is it possible to adapt later model pedals to suit ? I believe 98/99 models have a single plug. Thanks to anyone reads this and can help. Cheers, Mick.
tedbullpit

Re: Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Postby Chuggy » Wed May 23, 2018 9:32 am

Chuggy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tedbullpit » Wed May 23, 2018 9:51 am

Hi Chuggy, thanks for the reply. I've seen that one but it appears to only have one plug. Attached is a photo of mine, so I'm wondering if I cut the loom above mine, and obtain a pedal and loom plug as per your photo, and solder the wires, would it still work like it's supposed too ?
20180522_123207-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tedbullpit

Postby Fastfish » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:42 pm

Never seen one with 2 plugs, best remove it as that maybe just a micro switch, I have a pedal from a 100ps tdi here
Fastfish
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby tedbullpit » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:58 am

So I bit the bullet and swapped out my two plug pedal for a single plug version ! Doing so didn't resolve the issue i have but its one less thing I have to check. Bonus was the pedal only cost AU $25 ...
tedbullpit

Postby Fastfish » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:27 pm

tedbullpit wrote:So I bit the bullet and swapped out my two plug pedal for a single plug version ! Doing so didn't resolve the issue i have but its one less thing I have to check. Bonus was the pedal only cost AU $25 ...

You get this sorted yet?
Fastfish
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby tedbullpit » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:59 pm

Not as yet .. still putting up with it .. so bare with me while I explain. pump will put itself into limp mode .. someone in its past life has taken the three wires which run from a sensor on the pump (located between pump and head .. I believe its a speed sensor ? ) .. and bypassed the multiplug at the rear and rejoined them. I found early on that if I disconnected this 3 wire plug when the eml light came on, (with engine running) , then turned engine off .. rejoined plug and restarted engine .. eml light would go out and we'd be happy. So I cut a wire and ran it inside to a switch and back again .. basically so i didn't have to stop on the road all the time. It works fine .. but hasn't solved the problem. I read somewhere on this forum that a faulty pedal would cause intermittent ecu problems but since I've replaced the pedal, nothing changed. Local ford dealer no longer has diagnostic tool to read any codes and I cant locate a reader anywhere so I'm trying pot luck with sensors as i can afford it. And waiting till timing belt is due for replacement so I can replace that sensor while its already partially disassembled .
tedbullpit

Return to Transit Parts Wanted