*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Need Mk6 dash indicator lights brighter

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

Need Mk6 dash indicator lights brighter

Postby Pete.s » Thu May 17, 2018 8:45 pm

any ideas peeps on making my direction indicator (green arrows) brighter?, often cant see the damn things!, too small an too dim, can i fit some brighter bulbs or led's?, or can i just wire in some extra idiot lights and fit em in the dash somwhere?

Pete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If its got T*ts or Tyres yr in for Trouble :lol:
Pete.s
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Need Mk6 dash indicator lights brighter

Postby Brains_transit » Fri May 18, 2018 1:05 am

You move the stalk to indicate and the relay clicks so I know when I'm indicating but you could piggy the wires going to the exterior lights
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bambi mk 1 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:11 am

Brains_transit wrote:You move the stalk to indicate and the relay clicks so I know when I'm indicating but you could piggy the wires going to the exterior lights

WTF its just gets better :lol: :lol: Do you need a buddy seat on the front bumper for you mate so he can give up the thumbs up when the indicator is on :?: Might be better with a trailer on the back and two way radio so he wont obstruct your view :roll:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Brains_transit » Fri May 18, 2018 3:06 pm

eBay £90 each bright as f***
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Pete.s » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:40 pm

Wired in some Led's, I can see em now :lol: tried to upload a video but site said MP4 not allowed
Pete.s
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby andz327 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:03 pm

bambi mk 1 wrote:
Brains_transit wrote:You move the stalk to indicate and the relay clicks so I know when I'm indicating but you could piggy the wires going to the exterior lights

WTF its just gets better Do you need a buddy seat on the front bumper for you mate so he can give up the thumbs up when the indicator is on :?: Might be better with a trailer on the back and two way radio so he wont obstruct your view :roll:
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ned » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:52 pm

C'mon guys you shouldn't take the piss at least he uses his indicators unlike most moronic car drivers who find it far too much hard work to use them :wink: :D N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Pete.s » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:24 pm

ned wrote:C'mon guys you shouldn't take the piss at least he uses his indicators unlike most moronic car drivers who find it far too much hard work to use them :wink: :D N

Cheers Ned, take the piss all they like I'm too old to care............ No doubt they would be 1st to complain at me if they followed me with my indicator left on!, I just happen to find the factory dash lights really hard to see during the day, also i suffer bad from Tinitus so cant hear thr relay ticking, I'm happy with my mod :wink:
Pete.s
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Customising and one offs