*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Custom mods and 'upgrades'.

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

Re: Custom mods and 'upgrades'.

Postby fera » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:43 pm

Mike wrote:
fera wrote:But where to place my new hertz crossover ? Where is the Ford one ? The wires are split somewhere but where ? I mean where to take my inputs for my crossover ? How are the Ford speaker wires wired ?

Put the x-over under the passenger seat.
There isn't a Ford x-over, just a capacitor on the tweeter.
You need to split the wires behind the headunit, feed the full range signal to the x-over, then feed the bass signal to the door speakers via the original wires, then put a new wire in for the tweeters.

Thanks for your reply Mike ; -)

I understand your idee but can you tell me why should i put my crossover under the passenger seat, it looks far away from the head unit ? And where do you want me to pick up my bass speaker wires to feed my bass speakers from the crossover ? Isn't easyer to put my crossovers somewhere in the dashboard and so feed my crossover directly from the headunit for the input of it and speaker feeds somewhere there ?

Thanks a lot for your time
fera

Postby Mike » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:42 am

fera wrote:I understand your idee but can you tell me why should i put my crossover under the passenger seat, it looks far away from the head unit ? And where do you want me to pick up my bass speaker wires to feed my bass speakers from the crossover ? Isn't easyer to put my crossovers somewhere in the dashboard and so feed my crossover directly from the headunit for the input of it and speaker feeds somewhere there ?

It is easier to put the x-overs close to the headunit, but some people have suffered from electrical interference. Putting them under the seat gets them as far as possible from the interference sources.

Check this out>>>> viewtopic.php?f=65&t=136220&start=90#p1414183
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby cycleguy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Mike wrote:The standard stereo has always been lacking compared to what I listen to at home, but I've been happy with it until now. Anyway a visit to the local in car guru's resulted in a plan and a few purchases.

A set of JL components, to be run actively from the 2 channel amp, with the Bit Ten doing the x-over and TA duties.

Adaptors (thanks Tran59)

Audison Bit Ten and JL 4 channel amp

And a lead to avoid any cutting of the standard loom, this will allow me to take the speaker output from the HU to the high-level inputs of the Bit Ten

Also a load of Dynamat for the doors

Sub to be decided on but it's unlikely that it'll be anything big, unlike young Meghan Trainor, I don't think that it's 'All about that bass', sound quality is the most important thing. But I'm not going as mad as the crazy MK7 build of 2010!

Hi there Mike do you have a part number for the wiring loom as pictured in the Photo ? Also how does the head unit come out on these customs
Cheers
cycleguy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:15 pm

This is the lead http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CT10FD09

Headunit comes out by prising off the facia, then taking out a few Torx screws. It's simple once you've been brave enough to prise off the facia, I used a plastic tyre lever to help without damaging the plastic.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Mike » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:25 pm

:roll: err, thanks.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby loot » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Mike wrote::roll: err, thanks.

That's no problem :mrgreen:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Mike » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:41 pm

loot wrote:
Mike wrote::roll: err, thanks.

That's no problem :mrgreen:

:wink: :D
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby cycleguy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:34 pm

Mike wrote:This is the lead http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CT10FD09

Headunit comes out by prising off the facia, then taking out a few Torx screws. It's simple once you've been brave enough to prise off the facia, I used a plastic tyre lever to help without damaging the plastic.

Thanks Mike Im still getting all the bits together before I pull her apart I see that you thanked someone for telling you how the A pillar trims come off do you mind sharing with me

Thanks
cycleguy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mike » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:49 pm

cycleguy wrote: Thanks Mike Im still getting all the bits together before I pull her apart I see that you thanked someone for telling you how the A pillar trims come off do you mind sharing with me

Thanks

They just pull off, start at the top, work your way down and then it pulls upwards to release from the dash.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Previous

Return to Customising and one offs