*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

VAG 1.9 TDi into a RWD transit

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

Re: VAG 1.9 TDi into a RWD transit

Postby oldskooler » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:55 pm

nice find luke, looking forward to seeing how it goes.
oldskooler
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Luke » Sun May 03, 2015 8:47 pm

done a bit more on this over the last week :shock: - my plan is to pull out all the wiring thin down the loom tape it all up then connect it back to the engine (still in the car) to check it all works :idea: the reason is once i take the van off the road i want it up and running as soon as possible :D

i have so far got all the engine loom out - took out the dash to expose the internal wiring :?

i have the haynes manual and this from the manual andypdq posted but im not 100% sure if this is all thats needed to run the engine :?

and just for andy 8) :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CWiPXq0RAE very tempting :lol:
Luke
Site Admin

Postby andypdq » Sun May 03, 2015 11:32 pm

Luke wrote:done a bit more on this over the last week :shock: - my plan is to pull out all the wiring thin down the loom tape it all up then connect it back to the engine (still in the car) to check it all works :idea: the reason is once i take the van off the road i want it up and running as soon as possible :D

i have so far got all the engine loom out - took out the dash to expose the internal wiring :?

i have the haynes manual and this from the manual andypdq posted but im not 100% sure if this is all thats needed to run the engine :?

and just for andy 8) :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CWiPXq0RAE very tempting :lol:

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed that. :D It always amazes me how many of you chaps are so readily prepared to put yourselves through such an agonising, self inflicted ordeal, of hand wringing anguish and torment, sorting out all that engine spaghetti. :? Good luck.

Perfection is reached when there's nothing left to remove. 8)
The first Mk 6 mechanical TDDI, giving electronics the finger, since April 2013

Perfection is reached, not when there's nothing left to add, but when there's nothing left to remove.

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNypVH ... dKUN5eJDyQ
andypdq
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Luke » Mon May 04, 2015 3:25 pm

engine loom is out :D

just got these connections to work out what they go to :D

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Sun May 17, 2015 9:04 pm

done a bit more on the loom this weekend :D i think i have all i need to get it running :?

andypdq dont look it'll give you nightmares :mrgreen:

IMG_1810.JPG

because i slipped up and bought the wrong engine this has the immobiliser but ive sent the ecu to VANTUNER to have it removed 8) but i think for anyone following this and wanting one of these engines in yours you could do the same but with a 130ps one and it will have a similar level of wires - in hindsight i should have got one of those as its a stronger engine (apparently) and could be chipped to 170ps :shock: not that i'd want that :)

the length of the loom is quite long - i think its originally designed round a lhd car, i will have plenty to cut back - i'm planning on mounting most of it in an enclosure under the passengers dash

the wiring isnt as complicated as the 2JZ one (although i havent got this running yet so might have to edit this bit out :lol: ) but there is less information about on the web - lots of people fit the 2JZ to anything whereas this seems to get fitted to VW's 90% of the time :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Luke
Site Admin

Postby mealic » Mon May 18, 2015 11:57 am

Posh garage Luke!!?? :lol: :lol:

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby martynx » Mon May 18, 2015 12:02 pm

Like with all true petrol heads , the house's kitchen, front room or conservatory is fair game for all and any vehicle work. :lol: :lol:

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby ake » Mon May 18, 2015 1:27 pm

I love a bit of loom thinning me :)
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby Luke » Mon May 18, 2015 11:01 pm

haha you should have seen my house when i lived on my own! no one to tell me the bath wasnt the place to degrease an engine and motorbikes dont belong in the front room etc :lol:

IMG_1812.JPG

ive now got all the wires in a cardboard box :mrgreen: hopefully (if it runs) i'll replace this with a slightly smaller plastic box neatly hidden up behind the dash, the only wires coming out of this will be the main loom to the engine, main battery, accelerator pedal, a brake switch, clutch switch and to the ign key :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Luke
Site Admin

Postby andypdq » Tue May 19, 2015 9:09 am

Luke wrote:done a bit more on the loom this weekend :D i think i have all i need to get it running :?

andypdq dont look it'll give you nightmares :mrgreen:

IMG_1810.JPG

because i slipped up and bought the wrong engine this has the immobiliser but ive sent the ecu to VANTUNER to have it removed 8) but i think for anyone following this and wanting one of these engines in yours you could do the same but with a 130ps one and it will have a similar level of wires - in hindsight i should have got one of those as its a stronger engine (apparently) and could be chipped to 170ps :shock: not that i'd want that :)

the length of the loom is quite long - i think its originally designed round a lhd car, i will have plenty to cut back - i'm planning on mounting most of it in an enclosure under the passengers dash

the wiring isnt as complicated as the 2JZ one (although i havent got this running yet so might have to edit this bit out :lol: ) but there is less information about on the web - lots of people fit the 2JZ to anything whereas this seems to get fitted to VW's 90% of the time :)

My wiring loom, I have actually betrayed my principle of getting everything as simple as possible here, you can rig the "engine management system" to work with no wiring at all, if you fit a mechanical stop lever, not a good idea with the VW engine, as you could steal it by bump starting it. Not a problem with the Duratorq though, thief tries to bump start it, timing chain jumps, pistons hit valves and smash the cam carrier. :lol: Ford think of everyting :mrgreen:
The first Mk 6 mechanical TDDI, giving electronics the finger, since April 2013

Perfection is reached, not when there's nothing left to add, but when there's nothing left to remove.

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNypVH ... dKUN5eJDyQ
andypdq
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby olddumper » Wed May 20, 2015 9:21 pm

Anyone ever tried to put one of those 1.9TDI's in a MK6 FWD using a VXT75 from a Galaxy?
olddumper

Postby Luke » Thu May 21, 2015 8:23 pm

olddumper wrote:Anyone ever tried to put one of those 1.9TDI's in a MK6 FWD using a VXT75 from a Galaxy?
i'm not up on fwd's but are you saying the galaxy and transit have the same box but the galaxy has the TDi bellhousing :?: if so worth a try for someone :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu May 21, 2015 8:29 pm

anyway........................ BIG NEWS 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

got the ecu back from VANTUNER today got home plugged all the wiring in and started 1st time :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

unfortunatly i'm going away this weekend down to dorset for a family wedding :x otherwise i'd have the engine out - full steam ahead on this now 8) 8)
Luke
Site Admin

Postby oldyellar » Thu May 21, 2015 9:23 pm

Luke wrote:anyway........................ BIG NEWS 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

got the ecu back from VANTUNER today got home plugged all the wiring in and started 1st time :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

unfortunatly i'm going away this weekend down to dorset for a family wedding :x otherwise i'd have the engine out - full steam ahead on this now 8) 8)

8) that is all
oldyellar
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Luke » Mon May 25, 2015 7:01 pm

got the engine ready to come out today :D just need to bring the engine crane round

i've done a bit more measuring and this one has the 3 water heater plugs on the back of the head (i'm sure the one i measured up didnt have them) either way - do i need them :?: :?: and what are they for :?: :?: it'd fit much better without them :D
Luke
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Customising and one offs