*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

VAG 1.9 TDi into a RWD transit

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

Re: VAG 1.9 TDi into a RWD transit

Postby Guy88 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:19 pm

Luke wrote:ive finished the pedal box and fitted it back in, i ran the clutch line today - just missing 1 pipe then i can bleed it up :D fingers crossed it will work ok

decided to fit the original tank back in for now all im doing is fitting one of these pumps to supply the injection pump and i'll mod the sender for a return

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inline-Filter ... SwzhVWrgEr

when i have the new tank made i'll have a swirl pot fitted but for now i'll just keep it over half full :D

I have an external swirl pot you can have if its any good to you
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty
1992 MK3 ambulance
1980 A Series crew cab
1984 A series RB44

REMAPPED BY http://WWW.VANTUNER.COM HE IS THE WAY FORWARD

LIVIN' LOUD
Guy88
Site Moderator

Postby Luke » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:26 pm

cheers guy but i'd only have to fit another pump - i do want to fit another tank for the increased capacity so i'll get an internal one in that :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:36 pm

got the clutch bled and working tonight i've had to fit the reservoir under the dash

the down side is i need to remove the heater vent to top it up but it works :lol:

managed to bleed it up manually too so thats a bonus :D

i've used 3/16 brake line - not sure if i 'll need to swap it for larger bore but i'll find out when its on the road - doesnt seem too bad now :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Luke
Site Admin

Postby KING OF ENGLAND » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Looking good Luke was you taking it to N/W
KING OF ENGLAND
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Luke » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:13 pm

KING OF ENGLAND wrote:Looking good Luke was you taking it to N/W

plan is taking it - should be done :? :D

but not racing it - Pete should be racing his jag engine'd one :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=161270 and we'll probably tow it there with this :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:03 pm

fitted the extra fuel return line to the original fuel tank sender - i dint weld it just silicone sealer to stop fumes (it was a tight fit) and a jubilee clip to stop it moving - this is only temporary until i get a new tank made :D

i've fitted it back in the tank - i'd have put the tank back on but it's raining :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:12 pm

stopped raining so i've fitted the tank - one of the hangers needed a bit of modding to get round the new prop centre bearing mount but all good now :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Marty.H » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:43 pm

Owning a Golf GT Tdi myself and worked on a lot of PD engines I would 100% advise fitting either an in tank pump or an inline pump as it's needed also makes them self bleeding should you run out of fuel or change a fuel filter :)

Had a VW come in the other week was none start to cut a long story short it had been left overnight and they went to go out and would not start. Mice had chewed through the loom to in tank pump once repaired on the button :)
Marty.H
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Luke » Mon May 02, 2016 12:37 pm

thats the main reason i'm fitting the pump - incase i run out of fuel :lol: :oops:

made this today - took about 4 hrs :roll: it's for the enclosure that holds the ecu and all the wiring relays etc. clamps up under the passangers side dash
being an ex fire engine there are loads of holes in the bulkhead so rather than drilling new i've picked up on existing ones - hence the odd shape :D

just waiting for the paint to dry then i'll fit it :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Marty.H » Tue May 03, 2016 10:20 pm

Looks a tidy job they are easily tuned as well should you want that bit of extra poke ;)
Marty.H
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Luke » Thu May 05, 2016 9:19 pm

i think 115ps should be ok for an old bus like this :D

got the fuel lines run today even filled the tank up :mrgreen:

all the wiring is in - just going through connecting into the old loom and re-routing

got the prop measured up and in the car - just need to drop it off for shortning

getting close now 8)
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Sat May 07, 2016 3:34 pm

good and bad news :?

good news - starts stops and runs with water in :D

short video here :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqQaO7F ... e=youtu.be

bad news - when i press the clutch i get a horrible grinding noise - so looks like the engine/box will have to come out again :roll: :roll:
Luke
Site Admin

Postby MinorMatt » Sat May 07, 2016 9:37 pm

I had that on my LWB when I fitted the SVO clutch. The arm was rubbing on the cover plate
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby martynx » Sat May 07, 2016 9:38 pm

I had a Seat Leon (1.9 Tdi) do something similar.
, was only when clutch pedal was fully down..it was the cheapest brand new clutch on eBay by far so I was cool about it..I stripped it out and ground off a little of the forks or whatever then name is of the operating mechanism so the travel when fully depressed was slightly less and all was good after that.:)

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Luke » Sat May 07, 2016 10:01 pm

i've started to take the box out and i noticed the rear flange had moved back it's in 2 parts so i split it and there is no nut on it :? i don't think thats anything to do with this - i think it will be the clutch but not good for a box i paid a lot of money for :twisted:

there is something strange about it as i had to machine the adapterplate down (pics earlier in the thread) i put that down to the 2.0 crank being longer than the 1.9 one but i dont know if thats right or not :idea:

the noise was as soon as you put any pressure on the clutch - didnt need to be far down - almost as if the release bearing is seized solid :|
Luke
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Customising and one offs