*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Our MK6-MK7 Tourneo Front End & Dashboard Conversion

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

Re: Our MK6-MK7 Tourneo Front End & Dashboard Conversion

Postby tony&kasia » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:23 pm

Got mk7 steering column & mk7 Indicator stalk as well :)

Hope to get some work started on it this weekend :) When you work 6 days a week it's so hard trying to find the time :(
I have never liked a sardine can with a bonnet, How can you possibly own the road
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tony&kasia » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:38 pm

A big thank you to paul2012 who has posted some great info with his project including wiring details for the screen & hazzard switches etc :) Paul2012 is going to do our mk7 front end conversion :) So we are really happy about that :)
I have never liked a sardine can with a bonnet, How can you possibly own the road
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tony&kasia » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:51 pm

tony&kasia wrote:Got mk7 steering column & mk7 Indicator stalk as well :)

Also these screen switches from a mk2 focus

Hope to get some work started on it this weekend :) When you work 6 days a week it's so hard trying to find the time :(
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tony&kasia » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:53 pm

tony&kasia wrote:

Also these screen switches from a mk2 focus (These are the same fitting as the mk7 Transit)

tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tony&kasia » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:55 pm

tony&kasia wrote:
tony&kasia wrote:

Also these screen switches from a mk2 focus (These are the same fitting as the mk7 Transit)

tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby paul2012 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:56 pm

tony&kasia wrote:Finally found & bought these for £35 :lol:

That one will fit no problem :D
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby paul2012 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:00 am

tony&kasia wrote:A big thank you to paul2012 who has posted some great info with his project including wiring details for the screen & hazzard switches etc :) Paul2012 is going to do our mk7 front end conversion :) So we are really happy about that :)

No problem m8 8)

I will be posting wiring details for column switchgear at some point over the weekend :wink:
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D

IDS & GM GDS2 services

paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby tony&kasia » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:52 am

paul2012 wrote:
tony&kasia wrote:A big thank you to paul2012 who has posted some great info with his project including wiring details for the screen & hazzard switches etc :) Paul2012 is going to do our mk7 front end conversion :) So we are really happy about that :)

No problem m8 8)

I will be posting wiring details for column switchgear at some point over the weekend :wink:

Nice one mate :) I am doing a few jobs tomorrow, I am going to fit the clocks & wire up the screen switches, I have decided to cut the old clocks in half so i can fit in one side at a time & use them as a template to make the new clocks fit :) I have not removed the mk6 dashboard yet so i am working with the mk7 dashboard on the bench & i have easy access to the mk6 wiring to modify the wiring for the switches :)
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tony&kasia » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:06 am

Well things didn't go to plan this weekend :( Our family visit put a halt on everything i had planed to do yesterday. But i did manage to have time to squeeze the clocks in the dashboard. Just need to cut around the clock surround which hopefully i will do later :)
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tony&kasia » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:50 pm

Finally got to spend a couple hours on it at last. I have took some pictures & will post. But I am stuck. My heater is totally different because I have air conditioning. None of my ducts fit or line up. I have been to fords to see if the mk7 ducts for ac would fit & they have the same p/n as the normal ones. I guess I could put in a normal heater & loose ac :( or try somehow to make the ducts fit by using both the mk6 & mk7 ducts. Seems a shame to throw away the ac. Does anyone have any ideas :D
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Brains_transit » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:08 pm

I would keep the AC and maybe cut and shut the ducts mk7 to mk6ac and plastic weld or tape them together
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby tony&kasia » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:37 pm

Brains_transit wrote:I would keep the AC and maybe cut and shut the ducts mk7 to mk6ac and plastic weld or tape them together

Yes def keep ac. I have just gone back to jays post on here & he had the same prob & used both ducts. I have been looking at the ducts & they do look quite easy to modify. So that's the road im going down :D
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tony&kasia » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:23 am

Not done a lot recently due to work, weather, & being stuck on the wiring, but now thanks to paul2012 who has posted all the wiring details for everything you need to do to do the dashboard conversion i can now manage to at least crack on with the dashboard & electrics :D (Thanks Paul2012 :D ) Glad that we have not rushed into it because at least now i can fit all mk7 bits :D
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby paul2012 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:06 pm

tony&kasia wrote:Not done a lot recently due to work, weather, & being stuck on the wiring, but now thanks to paul2012 who has posted all the wiring details for everything you need to do to do the dashboard conversion i can now manage to at least crack on with the dashboard & electrics :D (Thanks Paul2012 :D ) Glad that we have not rushed into it because at least now i can fit all mk7 bits :D

No problem m8 8)
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D

IDS & GM GDS2 services

paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby tony&kasia » Mon May 18, 2015 9:34 am

Ok some updates as not really had any time to do much due to work & family life. I have took pictures & will post soon. But I have got the dash board in & have everything mk7 fitted. I fitted a c max steering wheel & looks good. I still got a bit of wiring left to do but upon checking what I have done so far the front & rear screen switches work that I got from a c max. The indicators work with the mK7 stalk. The horn works & airbag is connected. The mk7 key reader works as the engine starts. The modified hazard switch works. Just got front & rear wipers to do & the high low beam flashers. So all good.

The ducting was a pain because I had to modify the one behind the glove box again because the glove box would not close. :oops:
The only problem at the moment is my speedo is jumping up to 20mph when I start the engine. Could that be down to the battery as I always have to jump start it? It done the same with the old clocks so I know it's not the clocks.

Next job is to get the tailgate fitted & the back straightened out. I did fit the new carpet arches when dash was out. I nearly forgot :D
Not fitted gear cables yet. Hope to do that the weekend
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Customising and one offs