*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

More stupid? questions...

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

More stupid? questions...

Postby Illiterate_husband » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:32 pm

So I've searched the whole of the Internet but I've still a few questions, I apologise if they seen stupid and I would like to thank you in advance for any help and advice.

Right, wheel arches so I'm probably going with these bigger tires, they snag on the front ar has/sill so what's the best way to deal with this? Cut the problem area with a grinder? Twat it with a hammer? I've thought about hiding the gashness with plastic trims but I'm not really a fan of plastic. I also don't really want the arches to much wither than they have to be.

Next. I want a metal bumper, full width bull bars in case on my travels a run into a cow or something. I'm think maybe I can get a Range Rover one an modify it to fit- they're about the same width. Alternatively, anyone know where I can get a transit specific one for a mk6, I've seen a couple at mental prices. ( I'm on a tight budget)

I'm also going to fit a steel rear bumper but I haven't yet looked into that.

The old Land Rover wheel issue, I'm thinking it is better to re drill my hubs that way should I smash up a wheel it's easier to find another LR one than redrill one. I found a decent How To on this forum but I can't find it now...
Maybe I should stick with the standard transit steelies and put the bigger tires on that?

Maybe I should stop being a pussy and get outside and try!

Many thanks
Illiterate_husband
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: More stupid? questions...

Postby captain hook » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:50 pm

Maybe you should buy a Discovery to start with :roll:
captain hook
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: More stupid? questions...

Postby DodgeRover » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:01 pm