*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

chrome door handles

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

chrome door handles

Postby halla » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 am

SWB 120 MK5 2.0i DOHC LPG/Petrol
Hope you likey I know I do. Maybe I should have bought the tourneo DOHC in the first place.

These beauties are from a scorpio, the same cable size, the same bucket size. Very simple mod

Right, so, you have to find a donor first, scrap yards, can be bought for free! :wink: As you take these out you will see how they will go in to your van. The door cable is the same size, just push downwards to remove the plastic clip. The hardest part is removing the window winder spring clip on your van.

When I looked at the passenger doors they have the same chrome handle but a longer back piece with an ash tray fitted, I'll check these out next time. I do think the mondeo may have parts suitable for transfer, maybe the heater controls.

You can also see the passenger side door bucket i obtained for a quid.

First time using photobucket and I have two degrees in computing, hate the stuff! :?
halla
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: chrome door handles

Postby MONSTER 0NE » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:02 pm

ive done this to my van a few years ago
Right 5th Transit now A black petrol mk5 swb, soon to be coverted into a day van mpv.
RIP CATDADDY gone but never forgotten you were a true legend
RIP Ratwood another true great gone who will also never be forgotten
MONSTER 0NE
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dieselhead123 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:46 pm

That is great fella, I love stuff like this, mods that look as if they were meant to be there, be off down the scrappies, when the rain stops :(
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby halla » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:00 am

I find myself driving along checking them out!. They make me smile, like a first shot of tequela. (mexican drink, with lemon and salt) I may go for the black ones, similar to original but more chunky. The scorpio also has some great grab handles, the passenger ones have a knob extra, which can be sawn off. My sister uses this for access, thought I'd suprise her, with these luxury ones. I also got some extra buttons, window heaters etc. They fit into the blank button holes perfectly.

IF you have a DOHC, in the engine bay, you can find useful gear, EGR valve, Egr nut, as mine is always stripping I need a spare set. Their are DPFE, TPS, EVR, temperature sensor, nuts and bolts. The 2.3 scorpio has bolts on the inlet manifold, about 4. Which we may be able to use instead of those terrible torq bolts. I had to scorpio saw my last manifold off!. The older mondeo has the TPS and MAF, and some EGR bits.

I hate buying parts at ford, they never have them in, and you can see delivery drivers for Euro parts or others delivering. They just act as a third party charging you loads more for the privilage, "we guarentee our/their parts"

I am currently trying to learn about auto electronics, so i use the extra sensors for practice and tests.
ian
halla
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby eresseraca » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:16 am

I like it! 8)

Would like to do this upgrade as well, am I looking at the right year and parts below?

Handle surround:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Scorpio- ... 0702868890

Chrome handle:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-scorpio- ... 2079865755

Also, would they work with central locking without and mods etc?
eresseraca

Postby halla » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:50 am

mine is central locking. After years of service I would give this mod a 9/10. need a little fettling on occasion.
Ian
halla
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby eresseraca » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:56 am

awesome! thanks, then this is definitely on the to-do list :)
eresseraca

Postby Dantis » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:53 am

Here are my satin finish handles from a Focus ST on a MK7, straight swop.
2018 Ford Transit 350 L3H2 FWD Stage 1 Remap (LHD)
2019 Ford Tourneo Connect Grand Titanium (LHD)
2007 Ford Tourneo Connect GLX (LHD)
1987 Jeep Wrangler 4.2 (LHD)
Dantis
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Customising and one offs