*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

EX RAC VAN OWNERS

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Re: EX RAC VAN OWNERS

Postby Darren.w » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:09 pm

Thanks very much martynx and dan t for remapping the van. Makes such a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darren.w
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby martynx » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:32 pm

Darren.w wrote:Thanks very much martynx and dan t for remapping the van. Makes such a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby wronghole » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:22 pm

Me next. Martyn :D Took the bulk head out ! God is it noisy. Don't know if its diff , wheel bearing , prop or just road noise :lol: :lol: :lol:
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby martynx » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:19 am

wronghole wrote:Me next. Martyn :D Took the bulk head out ! God is it noisy. Don't know if its diff , wheel bearing , prop or just road noise

Probably a mixture of all 3 [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby martynx » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:20 am

Or all 4 even;)

martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby wronghole » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Yours get noisier with bulk head removed? :roll:
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby martynx » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:50 pm

wronghole wrote:Yours get noisier with bulk head removed? :roll:

For sure yes, a bulkhead hides so much, at motorway speeds anyway, i have been toying with putting mine back in somehow. mine has carpeted 6mm ply, loft insulation plus wickes brand dynamat type stuff in walls, doors & roof as well.

martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby wronghole » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:19 pm

Still got my bulkhead if you need one ,have fitted Volvo full leather and electric drivers seat ,still have to do matching passenger seat. As a result the bulkhead had to be removed . Also fitted extra seats in back,as they're on rails easy to remove. No carpet yet that may make it quieter :lol:
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby martynx » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:43 pm

wronghole wrote:Still got my bulkhead if you need one ,have fitted Volvo full leather and electric drivers seat ,still have to do matching passenger seat. As a result the bulkhead had to be removed . Also fitted extra seats in back,as they're on rails easy to remove. No carpet yet that may make it quieter :lol:

I have part wood bulkhead already & big seats so will have to be a custom fit on mine but cheers anyway. Have you any pics of your new seats ?

martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby wronghole » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:06 pm

Pictures of rear seats and new front seat. The new rears recline flat making a small bed and are on rails so can be removed if needed. The drivers front seat is from a Volvo and is all electric,( all working :D ) I have the matching passenger seat yet to be fitted ( manual) . Still got loads of room in the back so in went the van vault and racking.
Project ongoing ie window to fit ,roof lining ,faux leather to sides ( orange of course) and interior lighting with map readers :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby martynx » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:01 pm

Nice job , what model Volvo donated the seat?

martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby wronghole » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:21 pm

martynx wrote:Nice job , what model Volvo donated the seat?

Volvo S60 got the pair for freeeeee :D . Needed a bit of feltling. I will be fitting passenger seat tomorrow had to fabricate a frame so a lot of grinding cutting and welding needed so I can use existing mounting points :D . Fitted carpet tiles and modded interior light also fold down mini table for my vodka. :lol: :lol:
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby martynx » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:38 am

Great progress Man,keep going :-)

martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby wronghole » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:59 pm

both seats fitted :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby wronghole » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:10 pm

Van officially down plated , now she is class 4 and not class 7 for Mot. Happy days :D :D :D
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Talk