*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ANY HELP ON SLIDING SIDE DOOR

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

ANY HELP ON SLIDING SIDE DOOR

Postby carpetboy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi all ,
Please can you help . I have a 2011 Transit but unfortunately my sliding side door has come off its runner and I cant figure how to put it back on . It is on at the top but as I say not at the bottom . It does close but there is an obvious gap .
Thank you in advance , as you may have gathered I'm totally useless at this kind of thing
carpetboy

Re: ANY HELP ON SLIDING SIDE DOOR

Postby loot » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Normally to remove the door you remove the inner rubber stops, they are big black square rubber things.
Then you see at the back on the bottom is the door stay (crap on the mk7) held on by 1 or 2 8 or 10mm bolts, remove them and it, then at the back of the middle rail is a plastic cap, remove that.

If i remember correctly that is it, open the door and with a friend open the door all of the way and it'll come off completely with a bit of jiggling.

Reverse should see it refitted.

However, they aren't that easy to half remove without damaging the rails or rollers, if you've pulled a roller out of the upper rail them you need to see if you've damaged it, if so then you may have to either try and bend it back or worse case, remove the door completely and see if you can straighten the rails and roller brackets etc.

If there is no obvious fix to you then i think it best to take it to someone who's in the trade :-)

Ps the door can be heavy and awkward to try and do on your own :cry:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Return to Transit Talk