*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Theft of Black Tourneo - EF10 OCM

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Theft of Black Tourneo - EF10 OCM

Postby SpikeHCM681 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:41 pm

Hello All

I would be grateful of you would look out for our Black Transit Tourneo - EF10 OCM - which was stolen this morning from our drive.

I was amazed to be told, by the Police, that it's possible to buy a Transit masterkey on the internet. Since then I've seen lots of complaints about this on google.

Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. It's missing all its rear seats and has a campsite electric hookup socket on the underside - below the driver's seat.

Thanks

Spike
SpikeHCM681
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Theft of Black Tourneo - EF10 OCM

Postby Squirell2212 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:18 pm

SpikeHCM681 wrote:Hello All

I would be grateful of you would look out for our Black Transit Tourneo - EF10 OCM - which was stolen this morning from our drive.

I was amazed to be told, by the Police, that it's possible to buy a Transit masterkey on the internet. Since then I've seen lots of complaints about this on google.

P.S. It's missing all its rear seats and has a campsite electric hookup socket on the underside - below the driver's seat.

Thanks

Spike

What area ? Pictures etc ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Squirell2212
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby SpikeHCM681 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:37 pm

NE England

Thanks very much for getting back to me,

Cheers

Spike
SpikeHCM681
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ake » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:26 pm

SpikeHCM681 wrote:Hello All

Thanks

Spike

It's not a masterkey, but a lock pick, and it's been very well documented on here for the last few years.
They also use an electronic device plugged into the diagnostic port to override the immobiliser
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby the_big_fact_hunt » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:30 am

ake wrote:It's not a masterkey, but a lock pick, and it's been very well documented on here for the last few years.
They also use an electronic device plugged into the diagnostic port to override the immobiliser

can you pm me , or point me in the direction of any info about this please Ake, ive had my side door ripped open already, and id like to avoid further problems, cheers
Solve the World food problem.......... Feed the homeless to the hungry

2012 115T350
the_big_fact_hunt
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby ake » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:48 pm

the_big_fact_hunt wrote:
ake wrote:It's not a masterkey, but a lock pick, and it's been very well documented on here for the last few years.

can you pm me , or point me in the direction of any info about this please Ake, ive had my side door ripped open already, and id like to avoid further problems, cheers

It's the chosen way now, just to rip open the side door.
Change the drivers door lock to a hykee type, move or disable the obd port, get a decent alarm, and possibly a big dog
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:19 pm

ake wrote:
the_big_fact_hunt wrote:

It's the chosen way now, just to rip open the side door.
Change the drivers door lock to a hykee type, move or disable the obd port, get a decent alarm, and possibly a big dog

A stitch in time saves nine but a Smith and Wesson saves mine :)
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby the_big_fact_hunt » Tue May 02, 2017 7:28 pm

it has a seperate alarm and immobiliser already. i will look at doing something with the odb port when i have chance
Solve the World food problem.......... Feed the homeless to the hungry

2012 115T350
the_big_fact_hunt
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Twocky61 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:27 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss Spike

Pity we can't legally take South Africa's lead in vehicle ant-theft measures

There they have an anti-ambush device where if anyone tries to hijack your vehicle at traffic lights for example, there are two flame throwers attached to the doors.............. I'll leave the rest to your imagination. Similar to Texas Law

Then there is the parked unoccupied option:

Where your van has an electrical force field around it powered by a few extra car batteries; though there is the problem of traffic wardens being electrocuted lol

Anyway Spike those options aren't really practical/legal in the uk so that only leaves, as already mentioned things like deadlocks

Hope your van is eventually recovered Spike and there is minimal damage or better still no damage at all

tc Spike

Nick

Twocky61
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Talk