*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

dodgy sealing job- advise please

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

dodgy sealing job- advise please

Postby willn » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Alright guys, Looking for some advise re- dodgy sealing job please. It's a bit of a read but I'd really appreciate some thoughts...

I took my mark 7 in to get the underside sealed about 5 weeks ago, I checked when I got home and was unhappy with the work, in a few different places the mud has not been fully cleaned off and the sealant has just been sprayed over the top- I can actually get my finger nail in quite a few places and flake it away.

When I spoke to the garage about it they were not very interested and simply said it came in with a lot of mud on the bottom and it was hard to get it all off (I live in a rural area). When I flake the sealant off the dirt seems dry but I am worried that I'm going to end up with a worse corrosion problem than the one I was trying to avoid.

Any thoughts? Sould I just let it go? Most of it is fine and I could do without the hassle but part of me also feels narked off. I paid in cash and I didn’t bother to ask for a receipt so legally it could be tricky…

Cheers, Will
willn
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: dodgy sealing job- advise please

Postby joinerman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:55 pm

Should of been steam cleaned first ideally a day or two before it was sealed to give it time to dry.

i think your in a canoe with no paddle now with that company.
joinerman
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: dodgy sealing job- advise please

Postby karl » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:02 pm

joinerman wrote:Should of been steam cleaned first ideally a day or two before it was sealed to give it time to dry.

i think your in a canoe with no paddle now with that company.

a week realy in this weather we having just to make sure the weather drys all traces of water from the cracked under seal

mine needs doing again but i will wait til next year now :D
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Return to Transit Talk