*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

TRW or Bosch brakes

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

TRW or Bosch brakes

Postby Jeanclaudedamnvan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:25 pm

Is there an easy way to tell if your braking system is TRW or Bosch or is it just a case of removing one of the pads to look at the profile of it? I am asking because Eurocarparts.com have a couple of options for new brake discs and pads for my MK7 280/100 and I need to find out which i have before I order new discs for the front and rear. The caliper is stamped with the Ford logo. Thanks, Chris
Jeanclaudedamnvan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: TRW or Bosch brakes

Postby ake » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:07 pm

The trw is just a cheaper option. The discs are the same
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby Jeanclaudedamnvan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:43 pm

I wish it was that simple however, I believe that the reference is to the caliper since the pads offered by Eurocarparts are different sizes. The Bosch pads (front) are 18.9mm thick, 65.3mm high and 164.7mm wide. Whereas the TRW are 17mm thick, 68.7mm high and 171.7mmwide hence we need to know which braking system we have so that the pads will fit. I think I will remove an old pad and measure it, obviously the width measurement is not valid as the pad is worn.
Jeanclaudedamnvan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby MinorMatt » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:12 pm

They all have the same brake system... difference is fwd or rwd.

Just go to a proper motorfactor that actually knows what they are talking aboit...
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bambi mk 1 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:35 pm

MinorMatt wrote:They all have the same brake system... difference is fwd or rwd.

Just go to a proper motorfactor that actually knows what they are talking aboit...

Went to Euro for pads last week and was asked which type ,I told him that there was only one type.He shows me a picture of two types listed :lol: One type had clips on the back of the pad that clipped into the piston,never ever seen those on a Transit so give me the ones without the clips :) Gather up the pads and other bits goes back to the workshop to find he gives me the pads with the clips :roll: Goes back and gets him to check again and discovers Audi make Transits just for Europarts :lol: Bloody computer muppet dosent know his ass from his elbow :mrgreen: And now folks that is the problem :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ned » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:44 pm

bambi mk 1 wrote:
MinorMatt wrote:They all have the same brake system... difference is fwd or rwd.

Went to Euro for pads last week and was asked which type ,I told him that there was only one type.He shows me a picture of two types listed :lol: One type had clips on the back of the pad that clipped into the piston,never ever seen those on a Transit so give me the ones without the clips :) Gather up the pads and other bits goes back to the workshop to find he gives me the pads with the clips :roll: Goes back and gets him to check again and discovers Audi make Transits just for Europarts :lol: Bloody computer muppet dosent know his ass from his elbow :mrgreen: And now folks that is the problem :wink:

There not called euro crap parts for nowt you know :lol: so did the pads have clips for both pistons :wink: :lol: N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Transit Talk