*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Security tip

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Security tip

Postby Thequeenscheese » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:29 pm

Was talking to a mate of my dads the other day at home he has a similar system to this

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... INg&adurl=

But with more pir sensors as he parks his van fairly close to the house as most of us do I suppose, he has put a spare sensor in the back of the van so if anyone gets into the rear the house alarm goes works perfectly and doesn't bother the alarm when he drives off to work.

Another more expensive option again I don't know the brand, but the same fella has a cobra kit car and is going to be fitting an alarm that texts to his phone if the car moves over a few ft when it's not supposed to be doing so and gives him the ability to kill the fuel pump on command via an app on his phone..

Both decent options I think..
2.2 tdci T280
Thequeenscheese
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Security tip

Postby Brains_transit » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:21 pm

A cheap option would be door pin switches like a on a mk6/7 drivers door,on the rear and sliding door wired to a siren with a hidden switch so you could cut the power before you opened them but a thief would get a fright. Only problem would be were to mount the siren so it would be heard better
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Transit Talk