*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Baby Tourneo

Members can put pictures of their Transit on here!

Baby Tourneo

Postby nomadbackwards » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:40 pm

Have had to sell my beloved Mk7 after, following 6 years of not caring, the management company of my estate have decided they want to start enforcing the 'No Commercial Vehicles' rule. Not sure who was more upset to see it go - me or the missus! Due to struggles with Tourneo insurance, we've opted for a baby Tourneo for now. My local dealer were co-incidentally selling their 2014 demo now that they've taken delivery of their 2015 demonstrator, so with just 2.5k miles on the clock we decided to snap it up. Only had it a few days and whilst we both miss the high-up seated position of the van, the toys and comfort of the Tourneo Connect help soften the blow a bit. Definitely be going back down the van route when we live elsewhere though! It's a 1.6 95ps (Duratorq TDCi) Tourneo Connect in Zetec spec, but with a few options they added - alarm, alloys, privacy glass, rear parking sensors and metallic paint. Only had it a couple of days but so far impressed with it. Just thought I'd share a few shots.

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2014 Tourneo Connect
nomadbackwards
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Baby Tourneo

Postby Milemuncher » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:38 pm

That is really nice - we had a poke round one at Polar Ford last year and they are superb - but so expensive.

Those covenants are odd though - Would the management people prefer someone who couldn't pay the rent as they were unemployed ? Or someone who had a job but had to take the works van home etc ?
Milemuncher
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby nomadbackwards » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:28 pm

Thanks, it certainly outdoes the equivalent offerings by Citroen, Peugeot, Fiat etc. The only real alternative small window van suitable for our uses of daily driver capable of comfortable long distance touring across Europe a couple of times per year, would be VW's Caddy Maxi Life. Whilst I'm a big fan of their Transporter (should I say that out loud?) I feel the Caddy is very much a case of paying for a badge. Looking a bit tired now and spec-wise you seem to get a lot more for your money with the Ford. Would love a Daddy Tourneo though - I do miss the high-up seating position of the Mk7 we had :(

As for the covenants, it seems to be surprisingly common. Although a silly ruling in my view, if they'd always enforced it then couldn't really argue. But the fact that for 5-6 years it hasn't been enforced is pretty damn annoying! We have a residents' association but unfortunately there's nothing that can be done. Given a lot of the homes were marketed as 'Affordable Housing', obviously a number of my neighbours are either self-employed or use their work vans to save needing two cars for their family, or if single no need for a car. Thankfully my Mk7 was bought for hobbies so not entirely the end of the world, but really feel for my neighbours.
2014 Tourneo Connect
nomadbackwards
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby alix76 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:48 pm

Seams silly to enforce maybe the people should just move out leaving the homes empty of there renting. It really is a silly rule as I operate as a courier think od call there bluff how are they going to enforce if it on a driveway for instance
alix76
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby nomadbackwards » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:15 pm

Although it is a mix of townhouses and flats, parking is all allocated parking spaces. It's enforced by £80 fines and they even come around at 2am to take advantage of people "risking it" overnight :roll: Unfortunately the properties sell before they're even built, and no shortage of prospective buyers when people move despite the negative press there has been in local paper and even the local BBC news!
2014 Tourneo Connect
nomadbackwards
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Members Transits Gallery!