*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Back to a transit

Use this forum to highlight the areas to check when looking to buy a Transit

Moderator: Luke

Back to a transit

Postby RACINGCEE » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Been away for awhile now since I sold my last transit, been running a Renault trafic for a couple of years, it's been a nightmare ... One problem after another, I'm going to buy a transit sport so any advice or things to look out for ? Won't be new cos I don't want to have to stump up the vat, but no older than 18 mths... Cheers
RACINGCEE
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Back to a transit

Postby ake » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:41 am

There are plenty of them, so you can be fussy, spec is the same on them all, except early blue (original sportvan) are 130 ps 5 speed, all later are 140ps six speed, other than the colour the only major differance is leather or cloth seats. Look for a full Ford History, start it up and let it tick over, the idle should be steady, not hunt up and down, if it hunts it could need fuel pump valves and recalibration on Fords IDS system, check all the body kit is firmly attached, side skirts have been known to become detached, and most importantly check the front tyres, as the wear rate on them is not brilliant, 10000 is considered a good life on Sport front tyres.
Let us know how you get on :wink:
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Re: Back to a transit

Postby transitandy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:54 am

Welcome back m8 :)
TRANSIT M8, SAY NO MORE YOUR IN...... FORD THROUGH TO THE BONE......
transitandy
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Buyers Guide