*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Weight and many questions keen to know.

Use this forum to highlight the areas to check when looking to buy a Transit

Moderator: Luke

Weight and many questions keen to know.

Postby dogydog » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi
Just new to this forum this is my first post.
I know nothing about Transits.About all i know is they have wheels.
So what i would like to know is How much weight can a pickup hold.I think thats what you guys call them pickup trucks.
Anyway ill call it a small truck.

My mate has a small truck and is going to sell it he wants 3500 ausie dollars for it.
It has 240 thousandks on it.Comes with a cavas conpy and cage.And looks like a tidy truck.
Is that good value?Only got 1month left of rego thoe and proberly need four new tires in another 6months.

What i would really want to know is how much can these little trucks hold in weight.AS in on the tray not everything included. just what you can put on the tray in weight?He thinks its 2.5 tonne but im not sure maybe he read the wrong thing maybe its a 2.5 litre truck.How could i find out is there some card i can read?

Its a 1996 model with a tray im not sure of any other details.

How many models came out in trucks that year?

Is 1996 a good model?

And can you get a lift kits for these trucks seems a bit low to me and unpractable or right if your a city person.

I want to put firewood on the back.So i need the height clearance to get over the rocks.

How are these little trucks on fuel?could i put weight on the back and also tow a trailer?

Thanks for your time everyone.
dogydog

Re: Weight and many questions keen to know.

Postby (ROG) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Weight issue - see what the GVW is on the plate - take to weighbridge empty and weight it with a full tank of fuel and you sitting in it - that will give your unladen or empty weight

Take empty weight from GVW and you have the weight you can load in it
EX IAM car and commercial observer
(ROG)
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Buyers Guide