*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

smiley automatic value please

Use this forum to highlight the areas to check when looking to buy a Transit

Moderator: Luke

smiley automatic value please

Postby kingcorney » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:32 am

i have a M reg ford transit automatic turbo diesel which are apparently very rare she has the a4ld (m) gearbox and a genuine 88k on the clock,She drives without fault and is in bloody good condition for an m reg she also pulls bloody well in 4th and overdrive with the turbo kicking in, all arches are perfect as is body work, she was resprayed a few years ago white. im thinking of buying a luton so was wondering what the van would be worth, she has new mot aswell ( 2 weeks ago) would not want to sell it too cheap as so rare... :?:
kingcorney
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: smiley automatic value please

Postby darkbluevanman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:46 pm

It's still only a van rare or not..... sounds nice though :)
darkbluevanman
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Stuart30 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:21 pm

kingcorney wrote:i have a M reg ford transit automatic turbo diesel which are apparently very rare she has the a4ld (m) gearbox and a genuine 88k on the clock,She drives without fault and is in bloody good condition for an m reg she also pulls bloody well in 4th and overdrive with the turbo kicking in, all arches are perfect as is body work, she was resprayed a few years ago white. im thinking of buying a luton so was wondering what the van would be worth, she has new mot aswell ( 2 weeks ago) would not want to sell it too cheap as so rare... :?:

Only rare when selling..soon as youve bought one sods law you see another half a dozen the next day. :lol:

Must admit id give my left bollock for an auto...love driving auto"s and wife is Auto only license.
Stuart30
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby xollob » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:37 pm

not as rare as people think ive had 3 in the last year .. not worth a toss here in london thou lez zone has seen to that 8)
xollob
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Stuart30 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:12 pm

xollob wrote:not as rare as people think ive had 3 in the last year .. not worth a toss here in london thou lez zone has seen to that 8)

Hmmm seriously like a spin in an auto transit... 8)
Stuart30
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby shortcut » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:07 am

They are lovely to drive, just point and shoot your way round town..fairly quick of the mark at the traffic light gp as well !
shortcut
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Stuart30 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:32 am

shortcut wrote:They are lovely to drive, just point and shoot your way round town..fairly quick of the mark at the traffic light gp as well !

Thats what i love about Auto"s..steer and go...such a relaxed way of driving,unless its a 3.0Ltr V6 Omega and then its just utter fun. :lol:

How does the MPG compare with manual..obviously wont be as good but is there much difference.
Stuart30
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby AlanN » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:38 am

Not common, but not rare, seen quite a few, even seen boxes on here for free in the past, Ive had two complete set ups off here. Love my auto conversion, but just a little more expensive to run as a working vehicle and companies want to make a big as possible profit. Definitely not going to increase value, in my opinion
Ford Transit MK3 1989 2.8i V6 Auto Member of the MK3 Massive

R.I.P Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
AlanN
Site Moderator

Postby shortcut » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:09 pm

The ironic thing with this van compared to my previous manual van is that around town where the gearbox comes into its own the mpg is fairly high. If i'm on a mixture driving through town , dual etc then i'm averaging 30 - 35 mpg.

On the motorway at a steady 65 - 70 mpg its probably returning 35 - 37 mpg.
If i'm in a rush and pushing at speeds over 75 mph for any length of time it drinks the fuel.
shortcut
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby AlanN » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:01 am

On the motorway the A4LD final drive is better than the MT75, so would be technically better :D
Ford Transit MK3 1989 2.8i V6 Auto Member of the MK3 Massive

R.I.P Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
AlanN
Site Moderator

Return to Buyers Guide