*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

lose my job at the end of the month so getting a transit

Use this forum to highlight the areas to check when looking to buy a Transit

Moderator: Luke

lose my job at the end of the month so getting a transit

Postby Bmhill » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:56 pm

hi guys
im looking into getting either a LWB semi high (not jumbo though) or a lwb tipper
i can do some general building work with my father and also do some house clearances as well as car boots etc
i am a bit put off by what i have read about the FWD transits but am willing to listen to all pro's & cons
the vehicle will have to carry all the tools for building work and also 8'x8' fence panels but also be versatile enough to collect scrap metal from my brothers workplace to weigh in
i also will be doing car boot's as well so i guess i am really looking at a van?
i will be insuring it fully for business use and also be getting a waste cariers licence
it needs to be fairly simple to maintaine and cheap to run if possible
a few years ago i had a x reg twin wheel tipper and although a bit slow it pulled well and never let me down although it was not very good on diesel returning 22-25 mpg
i would be doing some motorway miles for about 30% of the time and normal A & B roads the rest of the time so im thinking 6 speed would be the way to go?
i would like the insurance to be at least managable in monthly installments but am not sure if different transits have different groups?
any help or guidance would be most appreciated
my budget is up to £6k and at a push maybe £7k but that would have to be ready to go and including any VAT as im not VAT registered and i dont mind moving up in age to get a decent motor that will do me and spend less money
thank you very much in advance guys
2011 2.4 6 Speed 100 T350 in Blazer Blue Now with VANTUNER upgrade
"It's not how it's written... It's how it's read!"
Bmhill
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: lose my job at the end of the month so getting a transit

Postby Bmhill » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Am now 90% sure it's going to be a van
It's whether to go for mwb high or LWB semi etc?
2011 2.4 6 Speed 100 T350 in Blazer Blue Now with VANTUNER upgrade
"It's not how it's written... It's how it's read!"
Bmhill
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Buyers Guide