*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Potential new owner from accross the pond

Use this forum to highlight the areas to check when looking to buy a Transit

Moderator: Luke

Potential new owner from accross the pond

Postby pfflyer » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Good day everyone. Dont know if MB Sprinter is a bad word on this forum but I own a 2002 with 418,000 miles here in the States. I am excited about Ford offering the Transit here in 2014. Wish it was here already. I am in the market for a new van and was wondering if I should hold out for the Transit. I have a few questions.

The good and bad with the I5 turbo?

What kind of fuel economy with the diesel engine?

Is the gas 6 cylinder turbo "EcoBoost" offered over there? If so how reliable and what kind of fuel economy?

From what I have seen the Transit handles as well as or better than the Sprinter. How does the turning radius compare with the Sprinter?

Sprinter has a list of common problems and issues. Is there such a list with the Transits?

I am sure there will be more questions but look forward to hearing from you.
pfflyer

Re: Potential new owner from accross the pond

Postby ake » Sat May 04, 2013 8:40 am

Hi,

We have no experience of the Eco boost engine, almost all Transits in the UK are diesel.

The 5 cylinder 3.2 200ps was fitted in the MK7 for a few years, and those who have one love them, depending on driving style they will do 25/30mpg (but that's a UK gallon which is bigger than a US gallon)

Transits have historically always handled better than any other commercial, and the turning circle is better than many cars.

The new model is not out here yet, so we have no experience of it, but hopefully it will follow Transit tradition ;)
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Re: Potential new owner from accross the pond

Postby pfflyer » Wed May 08, 2013 11:00 pm

Thanks for the input. Cant wait till we finally get it over here.
pfflyer

Return to Buyers Guide