*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Buying an '06 plate 350 luton

Use this forum to highlight the areas to check when looking to buy a Transit

Moderator: Luke

Buying an '06 plate 350 luton

Postby mikeandvan » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Hi, thinking of buying a mk6 350 115ps ef luton, '06 plate. Its done 130k, looks nice from pics, and is £6k, which to me sounds ok. Can you tell me what to look out for when inspecting it? Any common problems, I'm paranoid about head gaskets and cracked engine as I bought an Iveco daily in march and after 1 month it used almost a whole tank of water, garage couldn't find any leaks so said it must be the engine,don't want a repeat of that, bloody nightmare. How do you check for engine problems? I'm thinking of getting an AA or RAC mechancic to do a vehicle check, all I know about vans is they have wheels and they (hopefully) move.
mikeandvan

Re: Buying an '06 plate 350 luton

Postby bigbad mothertrucker » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:47 pm

service history is a must .although you can buy service history from ebay . and a bit of a strange advice , if you get a squeeking coming from the ( nearside footwell ) try jamming the roof ariel against the luton .instant silence........mad i know but all our vans do it .
bigbad mothertrucker
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Buying an '06 plate 350 luton

Postby ake » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:43 am

Transits tend not to do head gaskets.
Timing chains are more of an issue, listen for a rattle for second or two after start up
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Return to Buyers Guide