*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

buying a 2010-2012 lwb maybe high roof info needed

Use this forum to highlight the areas to check when looking to buy a Transit

Moderator: Luke

buying a 2010-2012 lwb maybe high roof info needed

Postby smiliejp » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:26 am

Hi lads I'm buying a transit hopefully 2010 -2012.i need some advice.i need a lwb for all my tools.i might go for a high roof if I can fit my double ladders inside the van.im trying to do away with a roof rack to save on fuel.its nearly all rolls of plumbing pipe these days so I don't carry much copper.i pull a 800 - 1000kg boat once or twice a month so ill like some torque.my vivaro is 100hp but very weak pulling up the slip.is there any fuel saving between the 5 and 6 speed models.also if I go for fwd is there much drop in torque.the fwd might suit better as the fronts wheels will be on the dry part of the boat slip when retrieving boat.what size engine and model would I be looking for .confused with all transit model codes.ok thanks in advance for replys I've checked a few old post but not git everything o need thanks
smiliejp

Re: buying a 2010-2012 lwb maybe high roof info needed

Postby ake » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:59 pm

6 speeds are standard on 115 ps and above and make for a nicer drive, and a bit better on fuel
Rwd generally pull weight better, and definately tow better
Rwd is also a nicer drive
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Return to Buyers Guide