*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Utility/Groundworker?Fitter van

Use this forum to highlight the areas to check when looking to buy a Transit

Moderator: Luke

Utility/Groundworker?Fitter van

Postby dieselfit » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:54 am

Hi all, new on here said id join as I am looking at buying a transit very soon. Im from Ireland and looking at buying a van in the UK. I am looking at them with the underfloor compressor and generator I think they are Ex national grid in the UK. Does anybody have any experience with these P.T.O driven units? I am a mobile plant fitter by trade and it would be ideal if the compressor was strong enough to power my air guns and the generator strong enough to power an Inverter welder. Also anybody have any good websites where these may pop up for sale? i see some on ebay from a company called "Cut Maple Salvage" . Any help would be appreciated.
dieselfit

Re: Utility/Groundworker?Fitter van

Postby karl » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:53 pm

hi their i have an ex uttlites van with on board compressor 110v genarator i have converted mine to psl fitting and left on as normal for the inch drive gun i have

o iam a moblie diesal/mechanic fitter

as for the working of it it runs in fourth gear lift the lever with clutch inthen relase to ingage the pto of it goes on its own :D

my van is a 2001 so could be diffrent on the newer mrk7 vans

a belive the best places to find these are the auctions as these are only lease hire van once finshed they get sold of after a few years on lease hire :D
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby dieselfit » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:40 am

Cheers for reply. It can run the inch gun fine? I will look on some auction sites then. Somebody told me the van uses a lot of diesel when running it is this true?
dieselfit

Postby karl » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:47 pm

dieselfit wrote:Cheers for reply. It can run the inch gun fine? I will look on some auction sites then. Somebody told me the van uses a lot of diesel when running it is this true?

carnt say i notice as i dont run it all if am not using it yes will run an inch gun no problem :D
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Return to Buyers Guide