*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit

Use this forum to highlight the areas to check when looking to buy a Transit

Moderator: Luke

Transit

Postby Nte2104 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:53 am

Hi
Newbie to the forum. Just looking for some advice, im interested in a transit preferably a mrk 6, as i don't want to go to the tdci route, my last van a expert hdi could have costed a fortune to put right. I only need a van to carry drums, so 90% of the time it will be empty, swb low roof tddi engine, either a 260 or 280 is more than sufficient about 500 miles a month, so fuel consumption is not the issue or speed!!. I was contemplating a transit connect lwb hi roof, but with only 2 seats, probably be etter off with a mrk 6 transit with seating for 3. Drums weigh about 200 kgs and pa , its space more than weight, as bulky items.
Have got a couple of questions, whats the t260 like with the 85bhp engine, compared to the 100bhp ? I know after 2004 on the 100bhp solid mass flywheel, as i read horror stories on the DMF on tdci. Also dimensions are the same on the t280 apart from the weight
carring abilities. Are there any other checks i should look for? Apart from rust in the chassis, i can do servicing brakes, alternator/starter motors my self, just looking for something reliable. Budget is upto £2500, for the right van. Any advice would be appreciated.
Nige
Nte2104

Return to Buyers Guide