*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit mk1 Stretch limo/pickup!!! LOOK AT THIS

Post pictures of Non-member Transits here!

Moderator: Luke

Re: Transit mk1 Stretch limo/pickup!!! LOOK AT THIS

Postby adam 120 ex aa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:19 pm

trigger wrote:
adam 120 ex aa wrote:
trigger wrote:I know the early leather you are on about, rare as rocking horse poo now, what a shame your mate scrapped it, i know it's hard to believe but in 30 odd years time even Mondeos will be classics just like Cortinas are now
i had a 2.3 GLS manual i broke that for bits for my P100 which ive still got, same mate had a mk2 2.8i auto sportsman estate brown with gold bottom and gold trx wheels sold him set of the spot lights he lost interest in it parked it up on a main road drunk driver hit it and wrote it off pushed it in to another car smashed the spot lights and bent the back, end of another one lol

That estate sounds like a Chasseur model, did it have a half Brown leather interior with tartan cloth and a luggage set in the back?

correct it was a chassseur with half leather and tartan and it did stil have the 4 luggage set in the back with stickers of siloutte of tennis players on the wings and tailgate lol
adam 120 ex aa
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby adam 120 ex aa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:23 pm

Vandalism wrote:exept ill never drive a modern car.....as i hope that cortina gt will be my car for ever :lol:

the only modern cars ive driven was a fiesta like in triggers avitar as my driving instructors car which ill admit was great and an bmw 5 series estate which was dads...i hated that :lol:

well you wont have the GT that long coz its gona be mine :lol:
adam 120 ex aa
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby trigger » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:23 pm

Seen a couple of them at shows but they are very rare now, there was a genuine luggage set on ebay about a year ago for those but i doubt it sold as there are hardly any cars left to put them in
2013 mk7 Transit 125 Limited swb
1982 mk2 Granada 2.9 injection special Cosworth

Mk5 Transit the daddy

trigger
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby adam 120 ex aa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:28 pm

trigger wrote:Seen a couple of them at shows but they are very rare now, there was a genuine luggage set on ebay about a year ago for those but i doubt it sold as there are hardly any cars left to put them in

being a granny man i did see years ago a black face lift mk2 etsate with leather front and rear but it wasnt a GHIA any idear what it was? could it be a special order it wasnt a basic model (so t wasnt a taxi pack with plastic seats ) it looked plush but it wasnt a ghia
adam 120 ex aa
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby trigger » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:35 pm

adam 120 ex aa wrote:
trigger wrote:Seen a couple of them at shows but they are very rare now, there was a genuine luggage set on ebay about a year ago for those but i doubt it sold as there are hardly any cars left to put them in

being a granny man i did see years ago a black face lift mk2 etsate with leather front and rear but it wasnt a GHIA any idear what it was? could it be a special order it wasnt a basic model (so t wasnt a taxi pack with plastic seats ) it looked plush but it wasnt a ghia

I think i know that car, did it have a body kit on and wire wheels and Blacked out windows and is a B reg?

Mk5 Transit the daddy

trigger
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby trigger » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:45 pm

Was it this one page 7 fourth pic along? http://www.ford-granadaguild.org.uk/gal ... on/Volume5

Mk5 Transit the daddy

trigger
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby adam 120 ex aa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:51 pm

trigger wrote:
adam 120 ex aa wrote:

I think i know that car, did it have a body kit on and wire wheels and Blacked out windows and is a B reg?

this car was in portsmouth about ten years ago an old boy had it i stuck a note under the wiper trying to buy it when he came back to the car he moaned to his wife about the note it had 14inch ghia alloys but no badges and i cant remember it having roof rails could it be a under taker spec ive not seen another with leather but the leather was grey but like the standard type seats not the padded type seen on the saloons
adam 120 ex aa
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby trigger » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:53 pm

If it was undertaker spec they could be Grey vinyl like in the low spec limos and hearses

Mk5 Transit the daddy

trigger
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Vandalism » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:58 pm

adam 120 ex aa wrote:
Vandalism wrote:exept ill never drive a modern car.....as i hope that cortina gt will be my car for ever :lol:

the only modern cars ive driven was a fiesta like in triggers avitar as my driving instructors car which ill admit was great and an bmw 5 series estate which was dads...i hated that :lol:

well you wont have the GT that long coz its gona be mine :lol:

yehhh ok.... :lol:
Vandalism
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby adam 120 ex aa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:59 pm

trigger wrote:Was it this one page 7 fourth pic along? http://www.ford-granadaguild.org.uk/gal ... on/Volume5

no dont think it was badged as a ghia the car had ghia bumpers i dont think it had roor rails but im not 100% on that it looked GL spec but ghia bumpes it did have 14 inch wheels but these might of been changed from trx i never seen another estate with factory leather ive just remembered didnt have any wood on the doors but it did have elecy windows all round
Last edited by adam 120 ex aa on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adam 120 ex aa
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby trigger » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:01 pm

adam 120 ex aa wrote:
trigger wrote:Was it this one page 7 fourth pic along? http://www.ford-granadaguild.org.uk/gal ... on/Volume5

no dont think it was badged as a ghia the car had ghia bumpers i dont think it had roor rails but im not 100% on that it looked GL spec but ghia bumpes it did have 14 inch wheels but these might of been changed from trx i never seen another estate with factory leather

You sure it was leather and not vinyl like in the low spec limos and hearses?

Mk5 Transit the daddy

trigger
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby adam 120 ex aa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:03 pm

trigger wrote:
adam 120 ex aa wrote:

no dont think it was badged as a ghia the car had ghia bumpers i dont think it had roor rails but im not 100% on that it looked GL spec but ghia bumpes it did have 14 inch wheels but these might of been changed from trx i never seen another estate with factory leather

You sure it was leather and not vinyl like in the low spec limos and hearses?

well thats a poss but it looked like leather but did they do an under taker spec with vinyl seats
adam 120 ex aa
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby trigger » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:07 pm

Well the limos and hearses had vinyl seats, thinking about it i think i remember this car being on ebay, it was used for funerals but only as a flower car and i remember it not having roof rails

Mk5 Transit the daddy

trigger
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby adam 120 ex aa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:20 pm

trigger wrote:Well the limos and hearses had vinyl seats, thinking about it i think i remember this car being on ebay, it was used for funerals but only as a flower car and i remember it not having roof rails

i did have 3 black m2 estates all were ex funneral 2.3L ex coop, and the others were 2.8i ghia i pick up my sisters kids drove them down the road in it they were both sat in the back when i told them they couldnt get in the front quick enough lol they wouldnt get in it after that another one i thought it must of been a body car and in the back window it had a sticker safe funnerall directors lol
adam 120 ex aa
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Vandalism » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:26 am

news flash! more pictures are surfacing of the van, on oval chat forum

looks like somone but lots of time and effort into making it, theyve done a nice job on the back on the before picture, even the lights fold back out the way so a car can be loaded on the back,

shame it had to end this way, i think that has to be one of the best looking mk1's of all time 8)

MHO 278F
Date of Liability 01 05 2002
Date of First Registration 12 01 1968
Year of Manufacture 1968
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2998cc
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type HEAVY OIL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval Not Available
Vandalism