*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

VCM II set up details help needed

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: VCM II set up details help needed

Postby loot » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:40 pm

I think that just means connected, your patch failed so after the last day ids will tell you to fook off :-( you will probably need to reinstall ids and patch it correctly but due to registry it might not work again unless you format a new fresh copy of xp on the laptop :-(
Least you know it all works :-)
Not sure about the actuator, maybe it is getting obstructed just check it is free and the circlips aren't catching etc.
Regarding the injector leak off test you can't really do it with ids, ids will do a test and increase the fuel pressure and you go and look in the engine bay for leaks etc, if you had the vehicle measurement module (vmm) which you don't, you could measure each injector but as it stands you need a leak off kit really. :wink:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby furnitureman » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:48 am

loot34 wrote:I think that just means connected, your patch failed so after the last day ids will tell you to fook off :-( you will probably need to reinstall ids and patch it correctly but due to registry it might not work again unless you format a new fresh copy of xp on the laptop :-(
Least you know it all works :-)
Not sure about the actuator, maybe it is getting obstructed just check it is free and the circlips aren't catching etc.
Regarding the injector leak off test you can't really do it with ids, ids will do a test and increase the fuel pressure and you go and look in the engine bay for leaks etc, if you had the vehicle measurement module (vmm) which you don't, you could measure each injector but as it stands you need a leak off kit really. :wink:

thanks loot how do i instal the patch as all i did was copy it click on the icon on the cd and instal on the same drive as the v86 was i supposed to do anything else with it
MK7 2006, 2.4 tdci, 140ps + TUNIT box = 165ps jumbo rwd known as "Big Blue" to the kids.
furnitureman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby loot » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:21 am

This is the licence yes, not xprog.
You save it to desktop and use win zip to extract to here, then when you have the unzipped file on your desktop you'll see it as a blue icon, you then run it and that's it.
W7 I'd run it in xp3 mode then run as administrator.
Use the patch that came with your v86(assuming that is what you installed)not the 1 that came with v81.
Have a try after your ids runs out of days just in case it has worked, btbh mine just says none for everything under ids licence. :wink:
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby furnitureman » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:09 am

when i instaled the patch i simply clicked on the icon on the disk menu then it asked if i wanted to install on c or d drive i instaled it on the same one i instaled the v86 and left it at that i can start up ids using nod dealer then 00000 code and my location i will see what happens next it all loaded onto my w7 64 without any problems i ran as administrator to load i will see what happens tomorrow.

thanks again loot for taking the time to go through this the van starts and runs so smooth now it was worth the cost of the unit just for that as it was probably less than what ford charges to hook upto ids
MK7 2006, 2.4 tdci, 140ps + TUNIT box = 165ps jumbo rwd known as "Big Blue" to the kids.
furnitureman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby loot » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:53 am

No worries :-)
When you input non dealer etc that only does it the very first time you install ids it shouldn't do it again.
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby furnitureman » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:07 pm

looks like the patch hasn't worked if i click on the ids icon it says licence expired and goes to the screen but if i connect to van it wont, i followed the instructions but it hasn't worked unfortunately i really don't want to re install new w7 on this laptop as its full of stuff can i clear the registry, if i do and re install how do i know the patch has worked and how long do i have if it hasnt
furnitureman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby loot » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:37 pm

This is why most of us just get a cheap laptop and just have ids on :-(
You can try to look in the registry if you want but there's a lot of stuff that you won't know is related, you can install w7 again without the format and your old windows should get saved as windows old, or you can create a second partition and have that only for ids.
When the patch would it looks like this.

Xxxxxx none
Xxxxxx none
Xxxxxx none
User abcxyzuser
Xxxxxx unknown
Xxxxxx none

:-)
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby furnitureman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:15 pm

hi loot i finaly got my hands on a widows xp sp3 laptop instaled the ids the shut down then tried to install patch but im getting following error . an errror occurd while trying to replace the existing file: deletefile failed code 5, access is denined any ideas
furnitureman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby loot » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:46 pm

Not a clue :(
I find that if i get any errors i reinstall xp fresh and then install ids then extract the licence etc (if zipped) to desktop then run it.
You may have a dodgy ids disk (not really had that) or the licence is from a fly clone and not compatible (although i haven't seen much of that these days) if you have the licence that asks you which ids you want to patch them use the bottom option high quality vcm.
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby furnitureman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:58 pm

loot wrote:Not a clue :(
I find that if i get any errors i reinstall xp fresh and then install ids then extract the licence etc (if zipped) to desktop then run it.
You may have a dodgy ids disk (not really had that) or the licence is from a fly clone and not compatible (although i haven't seen much of that these days) if you have the licence that asks you which ids you want to patch them use the bottom option high quality vcm.

Hi Loot i did click on the bottom option high quality i re read another post that said if it fails keep pressing x and it seemed to go through and finished instaling then rebooted is there a way to check licence remaining on the ids ?
furnitureman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby loot » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:13 pm

furnitureman wrote:

Hi Loot i did click on the bottom option high quality i re read another post that said if it fails keep pressing x and it seemed to go through and finished instaling then rebooted is there a way to check licence remaining on the ids ?

Yes ids connection tab, top left, them just look for a page that has the ids settings, 1 option is ids licence, it should show none for all except user xxxx.
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby furnitureman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:24 pm

loot wrote:
furnitureman wrote:

Yes ids connection tab, top left, them just look for a page that has the ids settings, 1 option is ids licence, it should show none for all except user xxxx.

Great News i checked and its exactly as you put it above, i have tried to load the calibrations disk but every time it crashed with catastrophic fault, can i do pump learns etc without these and what can i do with them
furnitureman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby loot » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:51 pm

You may have the dodgy calibrations disk, try copying it to your desktop and if it works, great but if it is broken it'll stop halfway through saying disk read error.
Of you have internet then ids will most likely download any software you need(if you are reprogramming module etc)
Calibrations are basically a repository of all the module data for Ford vehicles (c81= 2012)
You can do all functions except module reprogramming.
Service functions and config shouldn't need it.
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby furnitureman » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:14 pm

Thanks Loot the saga continues after checking that the licence bits said none to everything except for computer name i plugged into the van and it came up with no licence on this ids i think my licence patch is bad as it wont load automatically, keeps coming up with cant remove file error 5 any ideas
furnitureman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby loot » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:22 pm

What ids version have you got? I have 86.04 update and licence for it, if you have 86 then I'll send you these.
You shouldn't need to connect to the van to find oy if ids is working. :-)
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Problems & Questions