*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Euro 6 transit continous oil fault

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Euro 6 transit continous oil fault

Postby Nathanielmullett » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi.. just curious if any one else has managed to return and get money back for their transit euro 6 (66) to ford having suffered continous problems as follows? Oil changed required every 2k miles/ add blue approx 75 litres over 9k miles!/ engine idle erratic when stationary. Van having to be returned ( under warranty) for now, every 2k miles. Not the reason I bought a brand new van to be in the garage this regular! Legally the van is not fit for the purpose it was sold for I am lead to believe.
Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
Nathanielmullett

Re: Euro 6 transit continous oil fault

Postby karl » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:56 pm

mmmm have they said why it idles erratic, and why you putting so much oil/ changing it

I know that the 5 pot euro 6 in the new rangers have loads of problems even some blowing the engines :(

what van have you got the new panther engine ?
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby V184 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:03 pm

What other engine could it have its a 66 plate euro6 ? its obviously coming up on the dash that it requires an oil change, isnt adblue use excessive if your getting poor mpg ?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby karl » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:21 pm

V184 wrote:What other engine could it have its a 66 plate euro6 ? its obviously coming up on the dash that it requires an oil change, isnt adblue use excessive if your getting poor mpg ?

#

but hang on why should a factory delivered van need so many engine oil changes at a round 2k miles , their is clearly an pre inspection fault some where :lol:

I have had a numerous phone call from customers me oil change light has come on, and I have only done " 3000 miles for example " basically it all works by days not mileage / these vans are brand new but could be in a compound for over a year before sale :lol:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Jim Archer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:34 pm

They have an 'oil quality' sensor that checks the amount of byproducts in the oil.

We have 3 E6s at work, 1 that does long runs and has been thraped from birth, 1 that does long runs and was babied, and a abused runabout. 1 of then wants oil changes every 10mins, the other 2 seemingly never.

The E5s are bulletproof by comparison.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby karl » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:04 pm

Jim Archer wrote:They have an 'oil quality' sensor that checks the amount of byproducts in the oil.

We have 3 E6s at work, 1 that does long runs and has been thraped from birth, 1 that does long runs and was babied, and a abused runabout. 1 of then wants oil changes every 10mins, the other 2 seemingly never.

Jim

sorry but don't agree

I have rebuilt 4 in the last 12 months :roll: and all from oil pump failer and some are Citroen and Peugeot
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby V184 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:39 pm

karl wrote:
V184 wrote:What other engine could it have its a 66 plate euro6 ? its obviously coming up on the dash that it requires an oil change, isnt adblue use excessive if your getting poor mpg ?

#

but hang on why should a factory delivered van need so many engine oil changes at a round 2k miles , their is clearly an pre inspection fault some where :lol:

I have had a numerous phone call from customers me oil change light has come on, and I have only done " 3000 miles for example " basically it all works by days not mileage / these vans are brand new but could be in a compound for over a year before sale :lol:

the clues in the 1st post, continous problems :wink:
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby karl » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:16 pm

V184 wrote:
karl wrote:

#

the clues in the 1st post, continous problems :wink:

and you would of thought they would of sorted the problem first time round

https://www.facebook.com/www.automotive ... =3&theatre

so where the pump vians gone

every one are the same :shock: when I take them apart
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby andz327 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:08 am

karl wrote:
Jim Archer wrote:They have an 'oil quality' sensor that checks the amount of byproducts in the oil.

Jim

sorry but don't agree

I have rebuilt 4 in the last 12 months :roll: and all from oil pump failer and some are Citroen and Peugeot
Fook that and they said the 130 euro4 was a piece of sh*t......355k and its still going , you can keep yer E5 and E6 nightmares can you ever see one of them doing 350k
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby karl » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:27 am

andz327 wrote:
karl wrote:

Jim

sorry but don't agree

Fook that and they said the 130 euro4 was a piece of sh*t......355k and its still going , you can keep yer E5 and E6 nightmares can you ever see one of them doing 350k

the euro 5 are a pile of shite but as I have said in posts I put it down to dpf being a restriction. the exhaust gases compressions car'nt get out till it goes threw them filters, cat first then threw the dpf :( then back again to throw the compression back to the turbo hence turbulence " the turbo doesn't know what to do "
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby psv-hgv-flt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:26 am

Jim

agreed
psv-hgv-flt
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby psv-hgv-flt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:31 am

we got 17 reg euro6 and nowt but trouble from day 1,,,,ford have had it lots of times and now have had it 5weeks and don't know what the problem is......the euro6 is so far the worst engine as the 2.2 euro 5 was better but did have probs.
psv-hgv-flt
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby V184 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:48 pm

https://www.facebook.com/www.automotive ... =3&theatre

every one are the same :shock: when I take them apart[/quote]

What relevance has this to the authors problem ?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby karl » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:09 am

V184 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/www.automotivemaintenanceservices.co.uk/photos/a.1434434813545674.1073741830.1431883613800794/1945859752403175/?type=3&theatre

What relevance has this to the authors problem ?[/quote]

its all good info for the forum :D

I heard the other day infact a euro 5 going bang from the same problem he send me pictures of it as well :lol: this engine was a few weeks old from out of a crate from ford, as you can see it thrown its rod of the crank, so as you seem to know it all :( what did this then :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: . and this guy work for ford full time :(

euro 5 2.jpg

euro 5 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:26 am

karl wrote:
V184 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/www.automotivemaintenanceservices.co.uk/photos/a.1434434813545674.1073741830.1431883613800794/1945859752403175/?type=3&theatre

What relevance has this to the authors problem ?

its all good info for the forum :D

I heard the other day infact a euro 5 going bang from the same problem he send me pictures of it as well :lol: this engine was a few weeks old from out of a crate from ford, as you can see it thrown its rod of the crank, so as you seem to know it all :( what did this then :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: . and this guy work for ford full time :(

euro 5 2.jpg

euro 5 2.jpg
[/quote]
Was it a marine engine Karl ,very rusty for a few weeks old :roll:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Next

Return to Technical Problems & Questions