*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rounded starter motor bolt!!

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: Rounded starter motor bolt!!

Postby ned » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:12 pm

Nowt wrong with owning a 666 tdci :D everyday is exciting on the edge of the seat driving, is today the day Lucifer will take my last breath :lol: :lol: :lol:

So Pike your vans got under your skin (they do that) is it talking to you yet :wink:

Only when you've owned on will you understand, it is lets not forget one of the founding fathers of the tdci and should demand respect for all who follow in its wake :lol: :lol:

I think us 666 tdci owners should have our own special section :mrgreen: N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Pikeonhisbike » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:23 pm

ned wrote:Nowt wrong with owning a 666 tdci :D everyday is exciting on the edge of the seat driving, is today the day Lucifer will take my last breath :lol: :lol: :lol:

So Pike your vans got under your skin (they do that) is it talking to you yet :wink:

Only when you've owned on will you understand, it is lets not forget one of the founding fathers of the tdci and should demand respect for all who follow in its wake :lol: :lol:

I think us 666 tdci owners should have our own special section :mrgreen: N

Yes the vans been laughing and mocking me! Iv spent the last three days trying to get this bolt off now, in the blistering cold wind and hail!! I feel completely deflated and miserable ....I couldn't get it from the bottom so I took the air box off and sum sort of plastic manifold to gain abit more arm room to come from the top and I still can't get a grip on it.. I even went and brought some arwin grip tight sockets for extracting rounded bolts and still no go.. The bolt it out of sight and there is no room to be able to tap the socket on with a hammer.... I just don't know what to do now except from takeing the radiator off to give me more room, but I just don't have the drive to do that at the moment after all the pain it's caused me the last few days... Pike
Pikeonhisbike
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bambi mk 1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Take the front panel off and the rad out.Get a big punch and hammer and swell the head of the bolt and then hammer the unwin socket on :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Pikeonhisbike » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:50 am

Right.. So I striped the front off the van and removed the radiator and finally managed to get the bolt off :D new starter is now fitted, but it still didn't start! ... So I filled the fuel filter up with fresh fuel and it started and drove fine for about 15 mins then cut out and I broke down.... It then wouldn't start again untill I got out and filled the fuel filter back up with deisel and it started straight up and I went home... Anyone know what this could be? Could it be the fuel pressure valve? Cheers pike
Pikeonhisbike
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:44 pm

Pikeonhisbike wrote:Right.. So I striped the front off the van and removed the radiator and finally managed to get the bolt off :D new starter is now fitted, but it still didn't start! ... So I filled the fuel filter up with fresh fuel and it started and drove fine for about 15 mins then cut out and I broke down.... It then wouldn't start again untill I got out and filled the fuel filter back up with deisel and it started straight up and I went home... Anyone know what this could be? Could it be the fuel pressure valve? Cheers pike

You probably have an air leak, either in the filter housing itself, one of the supply lines upstream of the filter or possibly the leak-back "O" rings or lines.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ned » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:54 pm

You don't have a fuel pressure relief valve :wink: They are on the denso common rail system where we have the much superior Delphi common rail fuel system, also what Mr Knobrot has said filter head is a common failing point.

Simple test get a can of fresh fuel and stick the fuel in line from the left of the filter in the can, start the van if it runs (idles) with no problem then the fault lies filter back to the tank, also check the fuel lines to the left of the engine where they pass the brake fluid reservoir, they rub on the pipes.

You did get the correct fuel filter? They have notches on that line up with the filter head. N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions