*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2007 Mk7 2.2 interior/exterior lighting problem

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

2007 Mk7 2.2 interior/exterior lighting problem

Postby duc748r » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi all

We fault developed tonight, strange little one!

When I lock the van, as soon as interior light (not one over dash one over head, and rear loading area) go off all exterior lights come on, tried a few different things, ended up sat in the van, and the only way to stop the exterior lights coming on was to have the overhead light (that controls loading area) switched on, and in the end have had to pull bulb from interior light and unplug loading lights making the van think they are still on to be able to lock it without all the exterior lights coming on, strrrrrange!

Any one had anything similar???

Thinking most likely a faulty door switch or something? Although strange it doesn't effect the light above the dash
duc748r
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: 2007 Mk7 2.2 interior/exterior lighting problem

Postby andz327 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:03 pm

Do they stay on or only for 20-30 seconds after locking , I've got a 57plate glx and when leaving van if i press main beam it puts headlights on for 20-30 seconds so you can see walking to house but don't know if there's another way of activating it which you maybe accidentally switched on
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby duc748r » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:10 am

andz327 wrote:Do they stay on or only for 20-30 seconds after locking , I've got a 57plate glx and when leaving van if i press main beam it puts headlights on for 20-30 seconds so you can see walking to house but don't know if there's another way of activating it which you maybe accidentally switched on

No they stay on permanent, I must have been in the house a good few mins when the Mrs pointed out the lights were on. Also it’s only side lights on the front not main/dip beam, very odd
duc748r
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby andz327 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:37 am

duc748r wrote:
andz327 wrote:Do they stay on or only for 20-30 seconds after locking , I've got a 57plate glx and when leaving van if i press main beam it puts headlights on for 20-30 seconds so you can see walking to house but don't know if there's another way of activating it which you maybe accidentally switched on

No they stay on permanent, I must have been in the house a good few mins when the Mrs pointed out the lights were on. Also it’s only side lights on the front not main/dip beam, very odd
Do all your rear lights work, have you done any electrical repairs recently
You can get problems with rear door wiring looms where they go though the plastic tubes at rear lamp areas worth a look see as there's wires for locks and lights there
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby duc748r » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:57 pm

andz327 wrote:
duc748r wrote:

Do all your rear lights work, have you done any electrical repairs recently
You can get problems with rear door wiring looms where they go though the plastic tubes at rear lamp areas worth a look see as there's wires for locks and lights there

All the rear lights were working when this problem occurred, look out the window and noticed both tail lamps and number plate lights on, that’s when I went to investigate. No electrical repairs.
Ahhh yes I know where your on about, might be worth pulling the loom back through and checking the wiring there to see if there is any issues at that point, odd little problem so it is
duc748r
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby blue estate » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Take a look at head light switch there’s a P on the l/h side if the switch is pointing to this side lights will stay on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby duc748r » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:46 pm

blue estate wrote:Take a look at head light switch there’s a P on the l/h side if the switch is pointing to this side lights will stay on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The headlights were in Auto as they always are when I parked up and first noticed the problem, I then had the headlights at the off position and nothing made any difference there
duc748r
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Technical Problems & Questions