*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Urgent info please

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Urgent info please

Postby Mac1984 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Hello All,

i am about halfway with my Bosch Mod, out there on the Street actually;-) thankfully dry so far...

I have an important question:

what do i need to plug to the connector at the side of the pump? it looks a bit like a pneumatic connector??

or is this for bleeding?

And second: How did you guys connect the Bosch lines to the fuel filter? My epic lines have metal inserts at the end, to seal of the connection once the fitting is tightended... The Bosch pump lines have nothing like this...they would sit loosely in the filter housing.. do i need to remove said inserts and put them into the bosch lines?

thanks for every help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1996 2.5TD Bosch Mod, Bio degradable Body from factory but outlived its manufacturing plant.
Mac1984
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Urgent info please

Postby Frag » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:27 pm

It's not used,
as for bleeding,leave injector pipes loose onto injectors,crack the front banjo bolt into fuel pump loose,crank engine till fuel is there then tighten it,then crank again and nip injector pipes up when it's blasting out of them.

Sounds like you have the Bosch pipes for later filter head,they're a push fit into filter like a quick plumbing connector.
Early type have a threaded union with a rubber that compresses against a fixed washer on end of pipe.
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby Mac1984 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:36 pm

Thank you very much for your reply... i wont worry about this connector then :-)

So i only need a solution with the fuel lines to and from the filter..i belive i cant just stick them into the filter...

i was thinking of removing this metal inserts with the help of a heat gun and try to heatshrink them onto the bosch lines, but maybe there is another solution??

thank you all for your help

....im still optimistic to be on the road monday morning 6am :-)
1996 2.5TD Bosch Mod, Bio degradable Body from factory but outlived its manufacturing plant.
Mac1984
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Frag » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:39 pm

Only thing I could suggest without the correct fitting pipes,would be to cut the pipe ends off that you need,then 'sleeve' them onto the Bosch pump pipes ?
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby dumper » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:14 pm

I swooped a Bosch to a Lucas it was not a epic but for the fuel pipe I had some brass fitting the right thread to fit filter head with a tail on and I cut the pipe off the banjos and used flexie fuel pipe to connect up or just cut the pipes and join with flexie pipe and jubilee clips
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mac1984 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:49 pm

Thanks guys for your input...

i found some hose and made an adaptor....

now struggling with the reinstallation of the injection pipes to the pump.....3 are on, the 4th one is a real struggle... :-)

never give up sure...
Mac1984
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Chug » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:46 pm

Mac, that is the pump bleed nipple I mentioned in your other thread on not starting, it is also used to connect a pressure gauge for use when setting up the pump.
1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Technical Problems & Questions