*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

LUCAS CAV injection pump leak

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

LUCAS CAV injection pump leak

Postby Amgoun » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:57 pm

Hello people. A major drip leak occurred on the bottom left of the injection pump of my Ford Transit van 87. It seems that this pertie can unscrew, because we can see the hexagon. An electrical connection lug, but without wire is fixed by nut. A central screw seems to be used for adjustment. It never happened. This van is very well maintained and in perfect working order. But this little leak will keep me out of the moment to obtain the approval of the technical control. I do not have the means to go to a mechanic ... It seems that these people apply rates worthy of Rolls Royce. In short, help from one of you will be like a gift from Heaven. I'm afraid to unscrew this part and change a setting or find myself with ball or spring or whatever else ... I thank you in advance for this precious help. Cordially. Francis

Hébergé par Imagesia.com
Hébergé par Imagesia.com
Amgoun
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: LUCAS CAV injection pump leak

Postby Chug » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:25 pm

I'm not as au fait with the lucas IP's as I am with Bosch but it looks like the governor housing, if it is, then yes it has springs in and a plunger, but you can remove it without disturbing any pump settings as long as you are careful to note the order they fit, I'm not sure if they have an o ring seal, or a copper washer, but whichever one it has is probably causing the leak.

You can find exploded view of pumps online which may help you to understand it better.
1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Amgoun » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:03 pm

Chuggy wrote:I'm not as au fait with the lucas IP's as I am with Bosch but it looks like the governor housing, if it is, then yes it has springs in and a plunger, but you can remove it without disturbing any pump settings as long as you are careful to note the order they fit, I'm not sure if they have an o ring seal, or a copper washer, but whichever one it has is probably causing the leak.

You can find exploded view of pumps online which may help you to understand it better.

Hello. Thank you for your answer. In case you did not perceive it, I am French and I use the translator of go.gle, to communicate. Sitting on my 70 years, I have a lot, a lot of trouble with computers, internet etc. If you could get me the link to get to the burst you're talking about, you'd give me a huge extra service. Best regards. Francis
Amgoun
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Chug » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:01 am

1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Technical Problems & Questions