Transitmania 10 @Santa Pod 18th to 20th May 2018


lucas epic diesel injection pump

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: lucas epic diesel injection pump

Postby Altransit » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 pm

danderv wrote:Some will say the epic never fails and its the timing belt but i can safely say i have never seen timing out on removal of a faulty pump. :D

We've seen a few on here though, so always worth checking before the pump is condemned :idea:
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
User avatar
Altransit
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 30472
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:23 am
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire

Re: lucas epic diesel injection pump

Postby AndyG » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:31 pm

danderv wrote:Some will say the epic never fails and its the timing belt but i can safely say i have never seen timing out on removal of a faulty pump. :D
Never say never :!: :lol:

So what are the top 3 fails on an EPIC pump then :?:
Image
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
User avatar
AndyG
Site Admin
 
Posts: 27882
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 am
Location: West London

Re: lucas epic diesel injection pump

Postby helstone » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:21 am

Halo ford transit friends. i have a 1997 ford transit and I have the same problem as many people already explained about the leaking on the solenoid valves.A member Mr. psv-hgv-flt give many picture which is showing who to replace the lucas epic fuel pump whit a Bosch pump. I have a question a bout one cable which i saw in the picture what is t for??? It,s just a single one which has a blue connection.. Then i would like to know what is to do with the connection from the old lucas pump which was connected to the 4 solenoid valves. Is there not a electrician fold to the electronic box??Then the Number what i can see on the Bosch pump is that the number to order???
helstone
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Re: lucas epic diesel injection pump

Postby gingerbob123 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:25 am

all you need is a bosch manual pump. pull the pats system off the back if it has 3 wires coming out the back so it just runs one wire from the stop solenoid straight to the 3rd live on the ignition and put the manual throttle pedal and cable on and its job done. can easily be done in under 2 hours. just takes a fiddle with the timing and fuel pressureto get it right.
gingerbob123
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: lucas epic diesel injection pump

Postby psv-hgv-flt » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:39 am

helstone wrote:Halo ford transit friends. i have a 1997 ford transit and I have the same problem as many people already explained about the leaking on the solenoid valves.A member Mr. psv-hgv-flt give many picture which is showing who to replace the lucas epic fuel pump whit a Bosch pump. I have a question a bout one cable which i saw in the picture what is t for??? It,s just a single one which has a blue connection.. Then i would like to know what is to do with the connection from the old lucas pump which was connected to the 4 solenoid valves. Is there not a electrician fold to the electronic box??Then the Number what i can see on the Bosch pump is that the number to order???


that wire is part of the loom on an ldv convoy wich is there as standard for non epic turbo fuel pump.
User avatar
psv-hgv-flt
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4591
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: lincolnshire

Re: lucas epic diesel injection pump

Postby Vini'sAutoserve » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:15 am

gingerbob123, can you go through the timing fiddle you talk about and how does one adjust the fuel pressure, is there an adjustment mechanism for this?

vini
Vini'sAutoserve
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:40 am

Re: lucas epic diesel injection pump

Postby V184 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:53 am

If the timings out it throws up "timing code" on a tester :)
User avatar
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2760
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: You're right, V184 is an arsehole with a chip on his shoulder........

Re: lucas epic diesel injection pump

Postby AndyG » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:02 pm

V184 wrote:If the timings out it throws up "timing code" on a tester :)

Where do you plug this "tester" on a manual Bosch pump :?:
Image
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
User avatar
AndyG
Site Admin
 
Posts: 27882
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 am
Location: West London

Re: lucas epic diesel injection pump

Postby V184 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:17 pm

Altransit wrote:
danderv wrote:Some will say the epic never fails and its the timing belt but i can safely say i have never seen timing out on removal of a faulty pump. :D

We've seen a few on here though, so always worth checking before the pump is condemned :idea:


Was referring to this :roll: :roll: :roll:
User avatar
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2760
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: You're right, V184 is an arsehole with a chip on his shoulder........

Re: lucas epic diesel injection pump

Postby beany59 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:43 am

Hi Guys I live in Australia my problem is that I need a pump for a 1997 auto transit unable to get one here can anyone help.
Phil
beany59
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:16 am

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users