*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

mk7 transit was running ok then it started to hold

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: mk7 transit was running ok then it started to hold

Postby karl » Sat May 11, 2013 5:15 pm

its all pointing to camshaft sensor :D
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby johnson » Sat May 11, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi thanks alot mate for getting back to me about the codes be for it stop running it only come up with one code and that was the misfier one but now it isnt running its come up with three codes so could this be the reson why it is not running now? Any way i think im going to take it to a garage to ser if thay can sort it for me but how much does it cost roughly to get it put onto there machine to have it all done right thay way i will know what it is elsa its going to be never ending then i can have it done by vantune if i need to.can you please let me know if it can only be done at fords or can eny good garage do it and how much it would cost if you have a rough ider.many thanks D johnson
johnson
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby karl » Sat May 11, 2013 7:24 pm

You really need a garage with ford ids or a very good diagnostic system
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby johnson » Sat May 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Thank you for letting me know what the codes meen and my van did lost it power and it was slower then what it was like when i first got the van four years ago it was.really slow on the motorway and it was like a van with out a turbo and would only do 80 mph flat out so thats why its running slow if that code po100 is right so with all three things what it is saying is wrong would that be why the van is not starting because it only had the po100 code last time i put the fault finder on it to see why it had lost power and i never got it fix and know its got three codes comeing up now so could that be why?????? What do you thing would be the best thing to do have it in a garage and have it done with tjere machine and could that solf the problem and get it running if thay reset it all or do you thing thats not the resean why the van is not going ..and does any one know how much it cost to have it put on the ford ids machine or any other garage??? Please let mr know so if got some sort of price in my head so thay dont try amd charge me to muuch.thank you...
johnson
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Altransit » Sat May 11, 2013 10:12 pm

If you don't mind the drive over to West London, have a word with Vantuner and see what he can do to help you. He does diagnostics as well as tuning :D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby taz666 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:04 pm

karl mcghee wrote:its all pointing to camshaft sensor :D

never ever had one fail on a mk6 or mk 7, have a really close look at the loom from the pcm where it goes down past the jump post, the loom goes into a u shape and water collects in the loom and rots the loom
taz666
Ford Technician

Postby johnson » Tue May 14, 2013 10:22 pm

RIGHT TOOK MY VAN TO THE GARAGE TO GET CODES READ TODAY AND THAY SAID IT WAS SAYING NOTHING WRONG AND HE SAID IT WAS DIESAL PROBLEM AND HE THINKS THERE IS NOT ANOUGH DIESAL GETTING TO THE INJECTORS SO WAST OF TIME AND MONEY TODAY AND NO BETTER OFF SO ANY ONE KNOW WHAT TO TRY NEXT? I DONT THINK THAY KNOW WHAT THAY WERE DOING.! LIKE ME !... I WAS GOING TO PUT NEW DIESAL FILTER ON AND TRY THAT BECAUSE WHEN IT BROKE DOWN IT DID FEEL LIKE IT WAS RUNNING OUT OF DIESAL.
johnson
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby denzul » Fri May 19, 2017 9:23 pm

air flow to high fault code would tell me there is a fuel shortage to the injectors, on the fuel pump there are two sensors the rear one is a fuel control valve which is a common fault on the 2.2 tdci fwd engine - i have had the same problem
denzul
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:55 am

denzul wrote:air flow to high fault code would tell me there is a fuel shortage to the injectors, on the fuel pump there are two sensors the rear one is a fuel control valve which is a common fault on the 2.2 tdci fwd engine - i have had the same problem

Ummm...this thread is over 4 years old now...my guess is that the OP has either fixed it or burnt it..! :wink: :mrgreen:

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions