*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

tdci fuel pump pressure

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

transit tdci no fuel

Postby k11gmh » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:45 pm

Hello can anybody give me some advise got a 135 tdci 2004 transit put new injectors in programmed the system, new fuel filter primed and bled the fuel van starts up and runs then if you raise the revs starts to sound lumpy then stops. Checked the fuel filter no fuel, did the same again runs then stops and again no fuel in the filter any ideas please
Regards Graham
k11gmh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: transit tdci no fuel

Postby motorman116 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Is it an Oem Fuel filter, and if so is it sealed properly :?:
2008 3.2 5 pot diesel Ford Transit GLX Lwb, Hr
motorman116
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby karl » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:50 pm

lifted pump :?:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby angeleye » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:07 pm

karl mcghee wrote:lifted pump :?:

no lift pump on these ..just high pressure pump
why was injectors changed,was fuel system checked for swarf,hopefully just air leak on fuel filter,,refill filter ,making sure you have no air in in...fill tap it ,fill tap it untill you are sure theres no bubbles in it,replace filter making sure its locked up check markings line up ...(small lock symbol) when it starts rev it up high straight away for a couple of mins,
angeleye
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby k11gmh » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:54 pm

Hello Karl the injectors were changed because the last few months the van would just go into limp mode then cut out while driving so used to just switch of the ignition and just start up and carry on but did notice black smoke sometimes . This happened three or four times so got it checked and it came up with fuel pressure fault so decided to change the pump and also the fuel filter got her running on idle and checked the fuel flow and return and found two and three injectors running fuel constant again changed all injectors.
that's now where I am after purging the filter making sure it was full started the engine it runs for a short while on idle starts to get lumpy then cuts out so checking the fuel filter to find filter empty can not understand but must admit have not revved up the engine as you have said also was told you have air getting the system ?? but can not see where, thanks so far that one issue about the high revs what does that do or is that a daft question Graham
k11gmh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby angeleye » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:50 pm

reving it should get rid of any air left as there very high pressure...you also need to make sure your leak of pipes are on correctly and are clipped in right also check injector wires ad these are s bit delicate,if no joy take left rear filter pipe of and stick in large coke bottle start up this should get rid of any air..or put a bulb pump on pipe snd purge air....do not be tempted to undo injector pipes while running/turning over
angeleye
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby k11gmh » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:06 pm

Thanks angleye for the advice will let you know thanks Graham
k11gmh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby k11gmh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:44 pm

just thought I would correct one thing I left out it was not the pump that was changed it was the primary pump pressure sensor, anyway no joy can not get it to run have even changed the filter body and a new ford filter still no joy and still have a fault reference fuel pressure plus can not get any fuel through once I have filled the filter. Would I assume I have an injector pump that needs replacing any help please thanks Graham
k11gmh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

tdci fuel issues

Postby k11gmh » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Just thought I would ask following on from my post a week or so ago last week decided to remove the injectors and get them tested and the result was 1/2 and 3 were blocked with gunge got them tested and bench run all ok put them back low and behold she fired up revved up to clear any air in the line and let the engine idle then after a short while the engine started hunting and at about 1500 rpm the engine seems to hesitate but raising the revs seems to clear itself now I get a sort of a rattle when you rev up the engine or when at idle. The engine fires up first turn of the key but seems to run uneven been told its lack of fuel can anyone tell me what pressure the injection system runs at
thanks Graham
k11gmh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

tdci fuel pump pressure

Postby k11gmh » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:49 pm

Following on from my last on 1st Feb can anybody tell me the pump pressure for my 2.4 tdci transit beginning to loose confidence of what my problem is thanks Graham
k11gmh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: tdci fuel pump pressure

Postby HARRYSPADGE » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:12 am

k11gmh wrote:Following on from my last on 1st Feb can anybody tell me the pump pressure for my 2.4 tdci transit beginning to loose confidence of what my problem is thanks Graham

What are you trying to do ?
Pump pressure will fluctuate depending on engine load.
HARRYSPADGE
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby angeleye » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:32 am

cant remember what rail pressure is think 700psi at cranking..1200/1300 at idle and 1700psi..on boost come to mind who checked the pump last time,if you are suspecting pump,havd it checked,,if it is breaking down it will take the injectors with it...if this is the case the system will need cleaning,or new pipes etc,,,...........is there any members on here with ids do a live data test on suitable engine for the op..........these pumps can just pack up..would normaly throw in a limp mode,,prior to this.....
angeleye
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby k11gmh » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:32 am

Thanks so much for the help as I have said advised to check the injectors all ok being as 2/3 were blocked solid I can now run the engine but it seems to hunt when you rev it up it hesitates at about 1500 rpm but then goes through that and revs up but when you take your foot of the pedal now and again sort of knock and then just idles but hunting ? got a diesel mechanic coming down this morning will let you all know thanks Graham
k11gmh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby spanner-86 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:19 pm

i would be pulling the tank out and looking in there, all the problems caused might be a result of contamination of some kind
spanner-86
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby k11gmh » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Hello spanner-86 engine started first turn of the key today with the mechanic took van for a run came back in less than five minutes with not a happy look took tank off to find a grey sludge in the bottom after inspecting it with a bright light could see metal particles was informed that the pump is giving in its notice so busy washing out the tank fuel lines and removing injectors for another test and ordered a pump think I have just bought shares in Henry Fords little business all good fun. Will hope that I can get back to work will let you know thanks again one and all Graham
k11gmh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Next

Return to Technical Problems & Questions