*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2.5td running on 3 cylinders

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

2.5td running on 3 cylinders

Postby meganall » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:03 pm

I was going along quite happily and the van started running rough like on 3 cylinders. If I crack off an injector there is diesel and when I tighten it up it improves for a second. If I do the two back ones it idles worse than if I undo either front. I've done the leak off mod and no better. Got new filter and cleaned out the one in the inlet pipe going into the pump. Just doesn't seem enough pressure at the front unions any ideas
meganall
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: 2.5td running on 3 cylinders

Postby meganall » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:09 pm

New filter was fitted after it started running rough and sealing fine. Also did away with lift pump and fitted an electric fuel pump running 3-6 psi with inline filter about 2 months ago and its been running great up to now
meganall
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby jay » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:47 pm

are the eturn pipes on the injector make sure the blank is on the rear one and pipe back to tank is on the front injector(was a mod ord did as front injector got a air bubble in it..
jay
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby meganall » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:11 am

yes thats how it is, i tried the way i used to do old 205's and 306 1.9 td. the return on the front injector and a return on the rear t'd into the line going back to tank and didnt seem to improve the running, but as i was doing this the 2nd from the front top cap was a bit loose so took it off to have a look and the screw was broken off, other 3 were tight so removed to check and the screw and nut were ok. its still running rough :(
meganall
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby meganall » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:34 am

Took off diesel pump and cleaned it out best I could and checked everything I could all o rings looked in good condition. Small bit off metal fillings on the magnetic sensor. Think I need a new pump :(
meganall
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Technical Problems & Questions