*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

WHICH ORDER.

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

WHICH ORDER.

Postby ste thomason » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:07 pm

I seem to be going round in circles, can anybody put me on the right track. Prv blown so have bought a new one along with a new scv egr blanking plate and a set of inlet manifold gaskets to fit after i clean all the crap out.from here what is the correct order to fit the parts and get pcm updated and the codes sorted. Every time i think i'm nearly there something else pops up. ANYBODY PLEASE??????? :cry:
ste thomason
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: WHICH ORDER.

Postby angeleye » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:36 pm

fit your parts...and believe its pcm up date,,/ injector correction learn/pump learn/pilot learn/relieve valve counter reset...but anyone who uses ids properley would no this...and needs to done, on ids,should just use one thread,just give it a bump to put it on top.....sure loot or someone will verify this procedure....i would leave egr blanking plate off untill..its sorted..why are you going round in circles when you had answer in your very first thread :?:
Last edited by angeleye on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angeleye
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby ste thomason » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Didn't realise i had been given the right order as firstly i didn't have any error codes so didn't know what the fault was until i checked the prv which turned out to be bust was told that the reads could be done through the post then told injector reads couldn't be done remotely then was told i needed an scv so maybe somewhere i may have been given the right order to do it in but i honestly don't remember after all that :oops:
ste thomason
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby loot » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:33 pm

I agree angeleye, ste you have all the info you need in the other posts.
Clean your manifold and fit your scv at the same time (rwd) fwd doesn't matter as it's not near the manifold but do it then anyway.
Replace prv.
Pt manifold etc back together.
Give engine a run to get down fuel through and all air out.
New Ford fuel filter if you haven't done it recently, give another good run.
Check air filter is clean/replace/vacuum or blow it clean if mostly OK.
Quick check all hoses are OK and clips tight etc and (fwd) air box tight.

Ids
Make sure you have 1/4 tank of fuel (ids specified this but I've done on less)
Read codes.
Clear codes.
Pcm update (optional imo)
Make sure injector correction factors are correct, they will tally up in ids when it reads them and you read the codes from under the electrical connectors on the injectors (arse to see)
The above is for anyone who can't verify that the injectors are original or confirmed to be in their van :?
Fuel pump pilot learn.
Fuel injectors learn.
The 2 learns are in that order but sometimes 1 will fail so move to the next 1 which should learn then go back to the other 1 which will stand a better chance of being successful........ I know :lol:
Prv open duration reset
Prv open count reset
The above probably when1 is done the other gets done too so i don't think the order is a big issue.

Read codes
Clear codes.

Take the mrs out for a nice drive :mrgreen:
You can blank the egr later on when it's all sorted.

If a remap has been done you don't/can't do a pcm update.
You can do the learns etc later on tho.
Even with the egr blanked/deleted.

I don't think the above orders done slightly different will blow your van up but in service functions in ids you basically start at the top and work your way down.
I usually do a turbo test and accelerator test before putting ids away, just for fun lol.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Return to Technical Problems & Questions