*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit seat bolts

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Transit seat bolts

Postby Jamespainter453 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi guys,

So I have been an idiot and taken out some seats of my transit minibus (1996 mk5 smiley version). The bolts were rusted to hell and it was a struggle to remove them without ruining the head. Now it's come to selling the van and I realise I am about 10 bolts short.

Is there somewhere I can get replacement bolts or even some equivalent bolts from?
I assume ford would do them but I would also assume that they will charge an arm and a leg for them.

Any help would be great guys.
Cheers
James
Jamespainter453
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Transit seat bolts

Postby Wadey » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:10 pm

I doubt there anything special any nut and bolt shop should habe them or b&q if your lucky just take one of the bolts with you to match them up
just follow the onscreen instructions and it's fairly idiot proof...trouble is, we keep producing better idiots
Wadey
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Jamespainter453 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:15 am

Hey cheers for the reply. But after trudging round all the day shops this weekend I've found out they are special ha ha. They are M11s with an extra fine thread so all the shops I spoke to said anything they had would just ruin it. Other than a few listing on eBay (only for the shorter front seat bolts though).
Have managed to find them through a ford parts uk website and they are priced around 6 quid per bolt, had to drop them an email though as they are not listed anywhere on the part lists.

Hope that helps anyone who has the same problem and thanks for the reply Wadey2k

Cheers
james
Jamespainter453
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Marauder » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:21 am

Try Spa Fasteners in Leamington Spa Warwickshire.I think that is there name.Do a Google check if not,They have had nuts and bolts for every project that I have done,And they are cheap.Sorry I don't have a phone number for them as I am not at home.
Ford Transit 280 SWB,,Year 2008,,2.2,, If it can,t be fixed/repaired/ with a 4 pound lump hammer then it must be an electrical problem.
Marauder
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Jim Archer » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:15 pm

7/16 - 20 UNF, they're thread forming type to aid assembly, and stop them working loose. Good quality high tensile and threadloc if using 'normal' bolts.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Technical Problems & Questions