*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Engine light then no power

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: Engine light then no power

Postby fergo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:01 pm

FFS starter playing up now!started fist tip this morn at 5am,drove 5 mile stopped to get coffee ,back in tried to start her got ignition lights and she just clicked so rolled down a hill and got her going,go to work sorted out my run and went back to her wouldnt start rolled down another hill got her goin again then got inside loaded up wouldnt start got leads would jump off another transit so go the forklift and towed it and away again got home to my mechanic her tested battery and its charging and load tested it all ok,switched her off ,she started about 10 times there so away i went,kepp her running for about 2 hrs then turned off,started all day till about 3pm then same prob turn ignition then she just clicks tried all connections all seem ok tapped the started few times witha hammer no joy a passing jeep towed me so finished out my day,so looks like started is f8cked,so picked one up on the way home so hope that sorts it,van has my head done in lol :D
fergo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby fergo » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:37 pm

glowplug light coming on more often ,i was just about to pull out from my mechanics after he tested my battery anyway as i pull away glowplug light on so i call him out and he got his snap on computer i stalled the engine and light was still flashing he searched for codes and no codes were stored anyone see this happen before ?id like to get it sorted as is annoying!!im going to change the accelerator pedal assembly when i source one and see if that sorts it as that code came up with different mechanic and snap on scanner,im puzzled as to why no codes are been stored cheers alan
fergo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby fergo » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:20 pm

long over due update!!changed accelerator pedal problems solved! :D
fergo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions