*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hello All

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Hello All

Postby Leighton54 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:52 am

Just got my long wheel base high top transit , it's a W reg ( don't know what year that is ?) . Only problem is the rear door will not open with fob or front door key, infact thats how I came upon this forum . I have read countless posts here on door problems and have tried the ones that are within my capability but to no avail unfortunately.
I think maybe I will have to bite the bullet and take it to a garage , I live in Caerphilly Gwent can anyone recommend a garage that will be able to fix the problem without me having to take out a second mortgage ?
Thanks in advance .
Leighton.
Leighton54

Re: Hello All

Postby Altransit » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:58 pm

W reg is 2000 :D
I take it that you have an early Mk6 if you have a fob for unlocking the rear doors :?
Like this..............................

1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby phototraveler » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:00 pm

I have just the one garage suggestion.

In June I was at the 'Tyre Co.', at the corner of Tywyn Road and Caerphilly road - go east from the junction and turn right - and the guy there did his level best to find my lack of power issue but for some reason I don't have a wiring harness to read codes under the dash. :?

He was on the right track suspecting the fuel pump ESOS valve not retracting after I turned off the engine, and I appreciated him giving it a right go while busy with other things. Don't let the messiness of the place put you off!

Can't remember the guy's name, but their phone number on the receipt is 01443.814551. Good luck.
'97 Transit LWB hi-cube | 2.5L Diesel Turbo | 9-seater | Cruise control | Twin rear wheels | DVD/Stereo/16" Screen | Driver certified . . . or should be

phototraveler
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Leighton54 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:16 pm

Yes it's just like the one in your photo. I shall look into the garage you mentioned above .
Thanks.
Leighton.
Leighton54

Postby MinorMatt » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:00 am

Im sure there is a common fault on the type Altransit showed, but not 100% sure what it is.

I *think* wires get broken in the door loom - where it goes between the body of the van and the door. Early ones also had a security flaw - if these wires get cut the whole van unlocks! Hence people buy security plates. (If you haven't got one already - dieselhead123 makes and sells them.
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ake » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:49 pm

MinorMatt wrote:Im sure there is a common fault on the type Altransit showed, but not 100% sure what it is.

I *think* wires get broken in the door loom - where it goes between the body of the van and the door. Early ones also had a security flaw - if these wires get cut the whole van unlocks! Hence people buy security plates. (If you haven't got one already - dieselhead123 makes and sells them.

Yes, rear door looms break up, common fault
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Return to Technical Problems & Questions