*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

rac transit

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

rac transit

Postby maxrs16 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:28 am

hello looking for a bit of help i have a ex rac rwd transit 330 i think and a 90 and it decided to die. i was driving it all day fine then started it to go home it ran for a min or two then cut out before it cut out i heard a few clicks from the relays behind/above the glovebox then it died it now just turns over but not a sign of starting.
aa came out and said he thought it was the diesel pump. i thought it strange as before then had no problem what so ever no loss of power or smoke so seems more electrical to me as i would think a mechanical fault would be more gradual rather than instant. when i got recovered home i put it on the computer and got codes p1564 and p1664.
is this likely to be pump or is there anything else to try first

many thanks

Max
maxrs16
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: rac transit

Postby maxrs16 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:31 am

its a 2.4 rwd by the way
maxrs16
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Wadey » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:00 pm

I'd check the chain first iv just done an ex rac one the guide was that worn it broke dropping onto the pump and knocked the timing out aa said it was pump
just follow the onscreen instructions and it's fairly idiot proof...trouble is, we keep producing better idiots
Wadey
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby maxrs16 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:55 pm

Ok will do but would that cause low fuel pressure. When the injector pipes were opened there was fuel coming out but not at any great pressure also the filter was full. And as stated previously I heard a fair bit of clicking from the relays behind the glove box
maxrs16
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby ake » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:26 pm

probably the electronic unit on the top of the pump has died
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby Punto443 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:33 pm

They can fail without warning mine went on the m8. Driving perfect, then just cut out!

Check the wiring to the pump first before condemning it, it can get damaged by rubbing against things.
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby maxrs16 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:28 pm

checked the chain thats still in one piece checked the wiring no rub throughs or nothing got the powerprobe on the plug its getting its power and earths. started the dismantle and the crank sensor decided to snap off rather than come out.
will have another go tomorrow i just blasted it in penetrating fluid and un done all the turbo manifold bolts ready to gain a bit more acces.
was going to make sure the timing was ok before i send the pump off
maxrs16
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby angeleye » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:38 am

maxrs16 wrote:checked the chain thats still in one piece checked the wiring no rub throughs or nothing got the powerprobe on the plug its getting its power and earths. started the dismantle and the crank sensor decided to snap off rather than come out.
will have another go tomorrow i just blasted it in penetrating fluid and un done all the turbo manifold bolts ready to gain a bit more acces.
was going to make sure the timing was ok before i send the pump off

What are you trying to gain acess to taking off turbo manifold....if you replace any part of the timing chain components use new bolts as they are strech bolts and are liable to snap after a while if reused
angeleye
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby maxrs16 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:25 pm

With the turbo manifold off I can get at the crank sensor more easily
maxrs16
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby maxrs16 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:57 pm

also if i have to take the box off for the crank sensor is there a way of setting them up as ive seen the bracket can slide about for adjustment
maxrs16
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Technical Problems & Questions