*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Immobiliser problem

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Immobiliser problem

Postby tayacmike » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi everybody.
For a change maybe, I am not looking for a definitive answer to a specific problem, I am completely lost at a barrage of technical detail fired at me by a Ford
Agent in France , and Ford France itself.
I'm just a lost soul with a sad tale, looking for a bit of guidance in a language I'm comfortable with, as to what next !
My tale:(in a nutshell !)
Last beginning of March, the van had just been driven out of the French equivalent of an MOT test station, passed flying colors.
After paying my dues, the van would not start. Eventually got towed to a Ford Agency in Sarlat.
After some re-programming of keys and whatever, I could come and collect the van, and happily drove home.
Two days later, van would not start again, once again towed to Ford Sarlat.
Over a period of three weeks they re-programmed several times to find that a few days later it was dead again.
The garage proceeded to get in a Ford Technician. Bits hidden in the steering wheel got changed, and further tests were carried out, without success.
Toward the end of April it was diagnosed that something called the engine module needed to be changed. Happy, only about 1500 smackers !!
By end May, again with the help of aforementioned technician the new unit was installed. Unfortunately, it seemed to use a different kind of language, as it could not be programmed to communicate with other parts ! After a lot of headscratching (I presume) it was decided that another different unit needed to be ordered.
This unit must have come from a factory that was not as yet built at the time of ordering, as it took two months to arrive toward the end of July.
Beginning of this week, we are August now, the new unit and the Technician arrived once again to install and program the new unit, together with a whole host of small stuff like relays and mysterious emitters /receivers.
I bet you would never have guessed it, the module apparently was fine, only it would not communicate with the fuel pump !!!
Would I be interested in forking another 1500 smackers for another fuelpump that might possibly understand the new engine module.
Or should I just accept, and wait for them to tell me that all now appears to be OK apart from renewal of the battery and complete fusebox or whatever else.
Maybe I should not say it aloud, but I see the word "incompetence" flashing in my mind.
Can somebody please direct me to where I can possibly begin to understand what I apparently do not understand.
I find five months wait a bit excessive.
Regards,
Mike
tayacmike

Re: Immobiliser problem

Postby Altransit » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:06 pm

All that writing, yet not a mention of which van that you have :mrgreen: :lol:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby tayacmike » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:14 pm

Sorry, I thought I said that in my welcome message.
Here it is a Ford Transit FAEYD3FABA whatever that may mean.
Mike
tayacmike

Postby ake » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:56 pm

What year and model? 260? 280? 300?
85 ps? 100ps? 125ps?
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Return to Technical Problems & Questions