*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

vcm2 rcm crash data erasing programing

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

vcm2 rcm crash data erasing programing

Postby peter2011w » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:17 pm

Hello all bit cringe worthy this one as its not transit related :oops: But i am hopeing someone else experience will shed some light on my current ids/vcm2 issues

as obviously you guys will have had time spent on ids menus via your transits and connect so forth

Here goes (please dont hate on me). I have vcm2 running ids v86.00 i need advice on two topics concerning the use of the machine and software.

I have with success cleared crash data from the rcm (airbag module) on a 2013 new shape fiesta this is done very simply threw the menus. basically just said to me clear crash date yes/no click yes this opperation can be preformed max 5 times, click tick all good very easy to do.....

I have today tried to to clear crash data from a 2011 fiesta, the easy access option as shown when i did the new shape fiesta was not there!?

yet i have been told by an ex ford tech this is an option on ids and he does it regular on his albeit a vcm not vcm2, But still he is running v86.00

He did not explain how to go about it threw the menus tho unfortunalty he just said he can do it.

I have Also tried to clear crash data on a 2013 focus but again the easy to access menu as found in the earlier mentioned 2013 fiesta was not there, however again i was told this can be done via ids.

Second part of my post (cry for help!) is i am going to look at another 2011 fiesta 1,6 tdci on Monday has been involved in a front end airbags deployed, its a non starter but will turn over, somebody has scanned it with another type scanner and has reported the fuel cut of in the bcm has been activated, i have not yet scanned it using the ids can you let me know if any of you have seen this before and is it possible to reset the bcm using ids and is so whats the method? cheers for all who are able and willing to help out/advise :D :D :D
peter2011w
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: vcm2 rcm crash data erasing programing

Postby ake » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:04 pm

Fuel cut off is a manual reset switch, usually under dash at wheel arch
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby Guy88 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:55 pm

ake wrote:Fuel cut off is a manual reset switch, usually under dash at wheel arch

Not on the 2011, its built into BCM and is ECU activated :wink:
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty
1992 MK3 ambulance
1980 A Series crew cab
1984 A series RB44

REMAPPED BY http://WWW.VANTUNER.COM HE IS THE WAY FORWARD

LIVIN' LOUD
Guy88
Site Moderator

Postby peter2011w » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:27 pm

Hello Guy88 i thought it was in the bcm, do you know the procedure to deactivate it? is it more than a simply scan and clear of codes?
peter2011w
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Technical Problems & Questions