*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

DRIVE SHAFT LENGTH

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

DRIVE SHAFT LENGTH

Postby garrybatt » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Hi I am hopping someone can help i have a 2002 2.0 diesel swb transit reg LJ02KTO i recently replaced my near side driveshaft complete as one unit inner and outer cv joints attached brand new part from Allparts, it was ok on the van for less than a week when it failed the outer cv joint has broken up or pulled out of the joint the gaiter is still intact and i am taking back to Allparts tomorrow , my question is does anyone know what the total length of the driveshaft should be or the length from the inner hub to the driveshaft input at the gearbox ? Thanks Garry
garrybatt

Re: DRIVE SHAFT LENGTH

Postby karl » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:23 pm

garrybatt wrote:Hi I am hopping someone can help i have a 2002 2.0 diesel swb transit reg LJ02KTO i recently replaced my near side driveshaft complete as one unit inner and outer cv joints attached brand new part from Allparts, it was ok on the van for less than a week when it failed the outer cv joint has broken up or pulled out of the joint the gaiter is still intact and i am taking back to Allparts tomorrow , my question is does anyone know what the total length of the driveshaft should be or the length from the inner hub to the driveshaft input at the gearbox ? Thanks Garry

buy new from here

these never fail me next day

http://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk/driveshafts-7/
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Return to Technical Problems & Questions