*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

wiring problems due to rodents

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: wiring problems due to rodents

Postby knobby1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:55 am

I guess it's the same as a fat bloke blaming McDonalds/KFC etc... for his obesity...Bloody Ford.

I think I'll sue my Mother & Father because I'm ugly..! :wink: :lol:

I'll get me coat....again..

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby whitemice » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:52 am

Dirk Allcock PI needs one of these for dudecred :wink:
http://www.birdstackle.com/guns/airpist ... 0-0.22-pcp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIaGWURONRU
'' VOTE Kim Jong Unwell.
Mike writ '' a vote for lABOUR is a vote for islam and a conservative vote is a vote for islam and a vote for liberal is a vote for islam. ''
DBVM ''a vote for UKIP is a vote for islam''
whitemice
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Location: normalised heavily chemtrailed cretinous individual just like you

Postby davew2 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:57 pm

whitemice wrote:Dirk Allcock PI needs one of these for dudecred :wink:
http://www.birdstackle.com/guns/airpist ... 0-0.22-pcp
nice name of the firm who sells them
If it ain't got leaf springs it in't a commercial
davew2
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bigjohnthomas » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:13 pm

that's a kids spud gun mouse

brace yourself Limbak

bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby rimotu66 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:35 pm

Got to love a punt gun :mrgreen: Puts my 12g and .243 look like pea shooters. I agree, the only cure is to declare war on the little bastuds and shoot them all, and the stripy Newcastle UTD fans as well. Kaboom!
2007 SWB 110PS GLX Mk7
rimotu66
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby GetBry » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:58 am

This has to be a design fault which Ford need to take responsibility!

One of the loom wires leading to the rear brakes had been chewed resulting in a £280 bill. I was told by SMC Ford in Gravesend this happened to some of their commercial stock on their site and a farmer had been back three times due to gnawed cables.

How cannot this be Fords issue? There is clearly a design or manufacturing issue with the materials used to insulate the wiring. I was even sent a link to insulation tape that I could purchase and do this myself! Seriously!!??

If this is a know issue then Fords have a responsibility to ensure they safety of their customers. They have a responsibility to protect the wiring that will determine rodents from chewing through the cables.

I believe this is totally unacceptable and Fords are turning g their back on the issue and leaving customers with expensive bills for repairs.

Would liked to get more thoughts on this from others affected because I think we have a strong position to approach Fords.

Thanks
GetBry

Postby bambi mk 1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:14 pm

I think its your responsibility to get a cat and or a Jacko and some rat bait :wink: If you buy a vw ect ect will the problem go away :?: I don't think so :roll:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bigjohnthomas » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Yes it all fords fault :x
They must of also supplied the cables to castle gay skull
My old hilux, my angle grinder ,drill and the hide end of a thor hammer as they have all been chewed by rats and mice
BLOODY FORD

Or mayhaps its just because the little f*** teeth grow constantly and the gnaw on stuff to grind em down a bit ?
No it can't be :P :lol:
LolZzzzzzzZZZZz
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby blue estate » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:56 pm

GetBry wrote:This has to be a design fault which Ford need to take responsibility!

One of the loom wires leading to the rear brakes had been chewed resulting in a £280 bill. I was told by SMC Ford in Gravesend this happened to some of their commercial stock on their site and a farmer had been back three times due to gnawed cables.

How cannot this be Fords issue? There is clearly a design or manufacturing issue with the materials used to insulate the wiring. I was even sent a link to insulation tape that I could purchase and do this myself! Seriously!!??

If this is a know issue then Fords have a responsibility to ensure they safety of their customers. They have a responsibility to protect the wiring that will determine rodents from chewing through the cables.

I believe this is totally unacceptable and Fords are turning g their back on the issue and leaving customers with expensive bills for repairs.

Would liked to get more thoughts on this from others affected because I think we have a strong position to approach Fords.

Thanks

Life get a FFs
Are you going to sue Taylor Wimpey because mice chew your house wiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby bigjohnthomas » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Bloody ford :x
And another thing.....

Birds keep shitting on my FORD TRANSIT VAN :x
This must be a design fault of the poorly designed FORD TRANSIT VAN as I have been told that other transit vans have been sh*t upon
I have written a strongly worded letter to them demanding money but they told me to f*** off and refuse to admit there's a problem
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby knobby1 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:17 am

bigjohnthomas wrote:Bloody ford :x
And another thing.....

Birds keep shitting on my FORD TRANSIT VAN :x
This must be a design fault of the poorly designed FORD TRANSIT VAN as I have been told that other transit vans have been sh*t upon
I have written a strongly worded letter to them demanding money but they told me to f*** off and refuse to admit there's a problem

LOL... :lol: :lol:

I'm going to sue Ford because the barstud birds shat all down the back of my neck last week...Bloody Ford. My missus wet herself having a good odl larf at my expense... :roll: :mrgreen:

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby whitemice » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:15 pm

mY WHOLE TRANSIT was EATEN BY whiteMICE AND ford refuse to acknowledge i ever had one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIaGWURONRU
'' VOTE Kim Jong Unwell.
Mike writ '' a vote for lABOUR is a vote for islam and a conservative vote is a vote for islam and a vote for liberal is a vote for islam. ''
DBVM ''a vote for UKIP is a vote for islam''
whitemice
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Location: normalised heavily chemtrailed cretinous individual just like you

Postby Davydinar » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:42 pm

I have a 2019 FORD RANGER WILDTRAK 3.2. The truck has only done 17,000 miles and for the second time in 3 months I am faced with a bill of over £700 for damaged gearbox cable loom due to Rodents eating the cabling. This is clearly a design fault for 2 main reasons. The material that the cabling insulation is made from is attractive to wildlife in terms of taste and smell. Secondly the cabling has inadequate outer sheath protection especially where it enters the plug breaks.
Rather than ask for another loom to be installed at a cost of another £700 I have instructed Ford to conduct a repair of the cables and apply adequate heatshrink boot protection around the plug breaks. I have also taken action to write to Ford. I will post a reply when I get it.
Davydinar

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions