*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Werid one anyone had this? Mk6 lights and engine cut out

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Werid one anyone had this? Mk6 lights and engine cut out

Postby skyl1ne69 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:27 am

So i was on my way back down south from scotland today and the van has been running sweet but then when i got about a hour away from home something werid started with the power, when i changed radio station the whole lights flashed, i didnt think much of it untill i indicated right and my right side head light went off then when i moved to the left both lights went off so i had to turn the switch off and back on and they was fine, this happened everytime i indicated so i didnt really want to keep doing it incase the headlights didnt come back on, so i then tried changing normal beam to high beam and the whole van just cut out and shut the engine off like it was a short circuit , i pulled over tured it off and it started up no problem again, all driving fine no dash warning lights but then i didnt even want the sterio on just in case i broke down, anyone had any problems like this? I do notice that the dash and clocks get red hot when driving a long time so i wonder if it was somthing to do with the heat? After i got off the motorway and was closer to home i tryed everything again and it was all fine, so i wonder if it had cooled down, any info would be much appreciated because i dont really want to be going on any far journeys again like this
skyl1ne69
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Werid one anyone had this? Mk6 lights and engine cut out

Postby jay » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:24 pm

check the earth wire on battery and floor of the van is ok as common for them to corrode..and check the ignition switch multi plug is ok..
jay
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions