*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Wiring location for door switches on MK7 Transit 260

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: Wiring location for door switches on MK7 Transit 260

Postby loot » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:13 am

Oh and as you'll need to pull c1 which is the main power connector for bcm you may aswel leave it disconnected until you have done all wires, you may need to clear fault codes afterwards, you won't have a warning on the speedo but will have codes next time you have codes read, ie. Lost comms with bcm, pcm, ipc.
It's likely that you may not if you want to disconnect the batteries first, or atleast have the ignition off.
Not a biggy but later on you have another unrelated problem with the van and have codes read then you may see these faults too and panic, even tho these are just dummy codes from power interrupt, if that makes sense? :-)
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby paulrichardson » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:34 pm

loot wrote:Oh and as you'll need to pull c1 which is the main power connector for bcm you may aswel leave it disconnected until you have done all wires, you may need to clear fault codes afterwards, you won't have a warning on the speedo but will have codes next time you have codes read, ie. Lost comms with bcm, pcm, ipc.
It's likely that you may not if you want to disconnect the batteries first, or atleast have the ignition off.
Not a biggy but later on you have another unrelated problem with the van and have codes read then you may see these faults too and panic, even tho these are just dummy codes from power interrupt, if that makes sense? :-)

Thanks for that, good advice, you obviously know your way around these wires :)

Regards,

Paul
paulrichardson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby paulrichardson » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:37 pm

loot wrote:If you aren't sure then let me know and I'll take a picture of each wire connection for you if i can a bit later. :wink:

Many thanks for the offer,

I'll get under the dash with a brighter light and see if I can find some of these elusive pin numbers.

If I fail, I'll let you know and then I'll take you up on your kind offer of a photo.

Regards,

Paul
paulrichardson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Once you do 1 you'll be well away mate :-)
The c1 wire will be main live and if you look up and left on the body you'll see an 8mm bolt with loads of black wires with loop terminals, that'll be your negative connection. :wink:
May want to leave them til last to save you shorting anything, be best to disconnect the batteries if your not sure, radio code needed too :-)
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby paulrichardson » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi Loot,

With a mains powered lead lamp and a magnifying glass ( I am 63 years old :lol: ) I can see the numbers on the 57 way connector :D .

If I ask really nicely, could you look at your wiring diagram and let me know the pin numbers of the yellow-grey wire (front doors switch) and the black -yellow wire (rear door and sliding door switch) as described in the Cobra leaflet.

I've only got two wires to connect to on the alarm, so this would be easier for me (if it works) than using your suggestions, which would mean I would have to double up somehow.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Paul
paulrichardson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Sorry i can't help there for 2 reasons.
1 is that on my diagrams i don't have the full 57 pin scheme shown, just the wires for the items i look up that show the connection points of each wires.
That cobra instruction only says connect to the yellow/grey on the 57 way to the right of the fusebox (in reality the connector is actually on the left :? Possibly instruction for left hand drive model??)
And 2, I've added that many wires that are different colour to what they should be, i can't guarantee that i can find the right 1 for you.
Regardless of that i found the yellow/gray wire but cannot find a black/yellow wire on my connector (right side, left side not very accessible without a bit of unplugging etc on mine)

Need to ask someone with connection pin points for 57 way.
I can't find any alarm info on bemm.
Also looking at whether you have the 300 series or the 3800 series there is what looks like wire colour conversion.
Ie.3800 series vehicle
Yellow/black blue/brown.

It's getting confusing lol.
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby loot » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:18 pm

Have a look on both sides of your 57 way connector for those 2 wires, if you find them then you can link them to your alarm i think, bit difficult to make out the colours tho lol, why couldn't cobra have just put the pin numbers too :?
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby paulrichardson » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:17 pm

loot wrote:Have a look on both sides of your 57 way connector for those 2 wires, if you find them then you can link them to your alarm i think, bit difficult to make out the colours tho lol, why couldn't cobra have just put the pin numbers too :?

I can only find the Yellow/Grey wire, but I belled it out and it doesn't respond to the front doors, so I think Cobra must have the colours wrong for that bit.

I'll follow your suggestion, and get the signals from C3 and have a word with the guy who sold me the alarm, to see how I connect them up.

Many Many thanks for your help :) :) :) .

I can't do any more today (got visitors coming round) but I will definitely let you know how I get on.

Thanks once again, for all your help.

Regards,

Paul
paulrichardson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:09 pm

OK great :-)
If you find out what those 2 wires do exactly i can help more, ie. If they are just door open sensor wires that just switch open/closed with the doors, or is 1 live and the other ground, or are they signal wires?
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby paulrichardson » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:45 pm

loot wrote:If you find out what those 2 wires do exactly i can help more, ie. If they are just door open sensor wires that just switch open/closed with the doors, or is 1 live and the other ground, or are they signal wires?

I'm not sure exactly what the wires do, but I understood that one was the doors (Plural) open sensor for both the cab doors and the other was the doors (plural) open sensor for the load bay doors (sliding and rear doors).

I can only find the Yellow/Grey wire but I've tested that one and as far as I can tell it doesn't change it's condition with the doors.

Due to work, I'll probably not get another chance to look at it until the weekend.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Paul
paulrichardson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby paulrichardson » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:48 pm

loot wrote:OK great :-)
If you find out what those 2 wires do exactly i can help more, ie. If they are just door open sensor wires that just switch open/closed with the doors, or is 1 live and the other ground, or are they signal wires?

Hi again Loot,

I just wondered if you had any success finding my cables, it will soon be the weekend and I will be able to get back to some more wiring (if it's not snowing).

Regards,

Paul
paulrichardson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:11 pm

I'll get onto it today, can you give me more info, is your alarm just the main siren or does it have a remote fob? What cobra model is it? 3800?
Thanks
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby paulrichardson » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi Loot,

Although I'm using Cobra wiring information (helping me find the correct wires to connect to) mine is not a Cobra alarm.

The only thing I need is a signal to tell the alarm when the doors are open.

The problem is that the alarm only has two inputs (one for front and one for the back) or I could try the wires you suggested.

Hope that all makes sense.

Regards,

Paul
paulrichardson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:07 pm

OK, if you don't know whether they are n/o or n/c then we need to find that out first, it'll be negative, i would join your 2 wires and earth them (if they require positive then this won't damage anything)
Set the alarm to active and wait 2 mins then disconnect the 2 wires from earth, which should set off the alarm n/c, if it won't set or goes off immediately then it means n/o
The transit alarm works by them being disconnected when alarm set and connected when door open, this is because the info display knows which door is open etc, i don't have a bonnet switch and it doesn't set the alarm off as it doesn't know it is open hence disconnected.
Next problem Is linking the 2 front and 2 rear since they have 1 for each, if you have the high spec clocks then linking them in this way will confuse the clocks as to which door is open.
I think if you want to use my wires and linked them you will have to include a suitable diode to keep the 2 ajar switches separate from each other.
I've looked a lot at the diagrams to find those wires that the alarm shows but really i can only find 4 individual ajar switches, 1 for each mechanism :-(
I'll keep digging but i really could do with your alarm model number (pm if you want it private)
Most of the alarms I've had, have a wiring diagram, if you have anything like this it would make life much easier :lol:
Can't believe cobra have just said connect x to x colour wire :roll:
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby paulrichardson » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:18 pm

Hi,

I don't think I'm explaining myself very well.

The alarm came with a wiring diagram, I'm just using the Cobra sheet to find the right place on the van to get my connections for permanant 12v, switched 12v, feeds to the indicators and the door signals.

Everything on the Cobra diagram has worked except for the door switches.

My alarm is an E50, and the wiring diagram is available for you to look at on their web site:-

http://www.kodinis.lt/en/products/Car-Alarm-Systems

From this diagram I believe the connections I need are N/O negative, but as you will see I only have a maximum of 3 to use (Luggage compartment, door and bonnet).

Hope this makes sense.

Paul
paulrichardson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Problems & Questions