*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Wiring location for door switches on MK7 Transit 260

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: Wiring location for door switches on MK7 Transit 260

Postby xaviargu » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:19 pm

Hey Loot, here we go with more info...

I connect the door trigger cable to the ye/gp cable from the courtesy light to check if the alarm worked fine and it does!!!!
So then, I went down to the bcm and then, problems of course, you can only connect to one sensor, so I did it to pin c2 pin 22 (gy/ye) and it only works for the driver's door., as expected.
So, next step... To route from the glove to the courtesy light or... If you know where to intercept the cable from the courtesy light before it splits in three or four gy/ye cables t'ha you can find in the C2 connector.

I will really appreciate your suggestion
xaviargu
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby loot » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:42 pm

Hi c3 1 is driver door, c2 22 is front 2 lights courtesy, I'm confused that it only works for the drivers door? As long as the other doors turn the front lights on it should work.
Those wires go from the 2 front lights to the Bcm direct, they are linked together at the lights then join and go to c2 22.
Try all the doors to see if they turn on the interior lights? :-)
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby xaviargu » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:35 am

Ups, something strange...

In the C3 connector, I found 3 yellow/grey cables.

On the top row, two of them joined the same pin.
On the below row, one single cable.

I tested one of the two joined and it did not work, so I checked the single one, and it was the one which it is working for the driver's door (Remind I have the wheel on the left side) so I leave it for the moment connected to the single cable, until I found the one which comes from the courtesy light.

So if you are telling that the cables are directg from the courtesy light to the BCM, should I connnect the alarm cable to the two joined cables? As said, when I coonected directly to te courtesy light cable up in the roof, it worked perfect, so I can not see, why after it reach the BCM it is splitted in two cable...

We are close to solve it, but still some unclear points.

Again, your support is unvaluable for me.

Regards.
xaviargu
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby loot » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:36 pm

xaviargu wrote:Ups, something strange...

In the C3 connector, I found 3 yellow/grey cables.

On the top row, two of them joined the same pin.
On the below row, one single cable.

I tested one of the two joined and it did not work, so I checked the single one, and it was the one which it is working for the driver's door (Remind I have the wheel on the left side) so I leave it for the moment connected to the single cable, until I found the one which comes from the courtesy light.

So if you are telling that the cables are directg from the courtesy light to the BCM, should I connnect the alarm cable to the two joined cables? As said, when I coonected directly to te courtesy light cable up in the roof, it worked perfect, so I can not see, why after it reach the BCM it is splitted in two cable...

We are close to solve it, but still some unclear points.

Again, your support is unvaluable for me.

Regards.

I get that a lot :lol:

You should have 2 front interior cables that are gray/yellow that join together in the roof, then a single gray/yellow coming from them down the window pillar to the big connector then to the Bcm which stops at c2 22 according to the diagram.
You should ignore the wires until you found the right connector at the bcm and then make sure the wire is gray/yellow.
If you have difficulty in doing this then find the cable that works at the interior light and follow it along the roof and down the window pillar to the big connector and you can join your alarm there and ignore the Bcm.
As long as it works and doesn't interfere with anything then it's all good :-)

It is silly that Ford didn't actually make arrangements for adding alarms that need a dedicated forced entry switch :?
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby xaviargu » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:59 pm

the thing is that I only have one from the courtesy light, I only have one courtesy light above the innner mirror in the cab. If you check the attched picture, it is only working with one cable. So how can I know which is this cable in the BCM?

In other hand,
And, how do I dismount the plastic roof to acces the harness coming from the courtesy light? or how do I detect the cable from the thousands coming down from the pillar?

The strange thing with FORD is that you do not have a common pin to detect that some door has ben opened...

Thanks for your patience.
xaviargu
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby xaviargu » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:59 pm

Now, the picture, sorry...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xaviargu
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby loot » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:50 pm

OK my van is rhd, I have 2 lights in the front, 1 by my head and 1 by the rear view mirror.
They are joined together so the yellow/grey starts at the back light by my head then goes forward to the front light then right along the roof to the right side windscreen pillar down to the main connector there then across the dash to the Bcm c2 pin 22.
Slight error on my part because the c2 is the large brown connector.
The interior light wire colours are I only have 1 yellow/Gray going to c2 pin 22, and even if you had a few of them then they are the same.
It is next to red.
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby xaviargu » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:03 pm

Clear as water with the picture. I have connected the alarm cable to this ye/gy one you are showing. But it is not working the same than if I connect it up to the front light (my picture). So if you think it should be the same, I will double check.
xaviargu
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby loot » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:05 am

Hmm did this ever get resolved? Can't believe it ends here :-(
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby sercan7878 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:41 am

How to find the detailed cable schematic of Bcm.
bcm input and output of reverse gear transmission cable required
sercan7878

Postby mswgroup » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:04 pm

I've just installing an alarm on mk7 300mwb two sliding doors.

Drivers, passenger and rear door switches ground but both sliding doors are reversed - Sld left C3 pin 19 GN i forgot the drivers side sliding door pin but i looked at the door switch colour and it was the same at C3.
I've not connected the sliding doors to my alarm as my alarm doesn't allow pos and neg door switches at the same time. I wonder if anyone knows if the sliding doors have another connection like the front doors and rear?

Central locking, theirs a bit fun there too. when i connected them it kept blowing my 10a fuses, so i never got that working as yet but i'm waiting for some 20a fuses to arrive then i will try again.
51 350 2.4 lwb 125 rwd
56 300 2.2 mwb 110 fwd
mswgroup

Postby loot » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:51 pm

The actuators reverse polarity pulse so you have a problem if you are trying to connect to the motor ground.

Driver sliding door ajar is black and grey.

All the ajar switches are closed to ground when shut so you need an inactive circuit that senses a break in the circuit.

Otherwise use the interior light circuit as it comes on when the doors are opened.

Not many ppl go through the hassle though they fit a cobra alarm or something.
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions