*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Wiring location for door switches on MK7 Transit 260

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: Wiring location for door switches on MK7 Transit 260

Postby paulrichardson » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Hi Loot,

I've just had a radical idea, could I take a signal from the interior light somehow?

Just a thought?

Paul
paulrichardson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:44 pm

OK got that they are negative as i thought but you still need to find out if they are normally open or normally closed by that test i gave you.
I would reserve the bonnet switch for that.
I have just found the door ajar sense circuit which uses all door ajar switches to the bcm wooot
Connector c3 pin 14 i found it in the interior lighting circuit diagram I'd use that 1 :-) it does mean that the alarm will sound if any of the doors are opened but you want that don't you? :-) violet/green.
So the luggage wire is spare, maybe you could wire it to the spare wheel? :lol:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby loot » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:45 pm

paulrichardson wrote:Hi Loot,

I've just had a radical idea, could I take a signal from the interior light somehow?

Just a thought?

Paul

Good idea :lol:
I actually wrote mine then posted then read yours lol great minds think alike eh 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby paulrichardson » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:26 pm

That's freaky, we both get the same idea at the same time :lol:

I'll have a hunt for the violet and green wire tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

I am fairly certain it's it's a normally open contact that I need, because there was a switch included in the kit for the bonnet, and that is a normally open design.

Regards,

Paul
paulrichardson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:55 pm

OK but Ford transits seem to have some things back to front like the lights and most bcm control is done by negative switching, it may all be the same way in alarms (closed circuit to trigger) so it's pretty safe working on it either way, it'll work or not work lol.
C3- pin 14 is earthed via all 4 ajar switches (not including bonnet) (it's to turn on the interior lights va bcm) so when 1 door opens the circuit is earthed and you should trip the alarm. 8)
Fingers crossed :mrgreen:
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby paulrichardson » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:01 pm

Hi Loot,

I'm sorry to report that I'm rubbish at this.

I have found more than I Green/Violet wire in C3, but can't tell which one I need.

I have now cheated and taken wires direct from the Cab and Load bay interior lights. I found the correct ones fairly easily.

Only got to connect the system LED and the siren and then I can try it out.

Thanks so much for your help, sorry I failed at my end.

Regards,

Paul
paulrichardson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:54 pm

Paul lol just be careful with polarity at the lights, should be OK with negative black iirc but forward and reverse setting etc.
If you get stuck I'll take a picture of the pin locations on the bcm from my van for you to copy.
Let us know how you go :-)
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby paulrichardson » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi Loot,

Just tested my alarm for the first time............................................IT WORKED :D

Passenger Door, Drivers Door, side load door and back doors all set it off.

It also goes off when you peep through the window (I think I need to adjust the Proximity Sensor).

Indicators flash when alarming and dis-arming and they flash whilst the siren is sounding.

I reckon it's all good.

Thank you so much for your help and your patience, I don't think I could have done it without your assistance.

Thanks again,

Paul
paulrichardson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:47 pm

No worries mate, Glad you sorted it 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby paulrichardson » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi again,

Guess what :oops:

I'm having trouble programming the alarm functions.

Is your knowledge of the wiring coz you like wiring or are you an alarm expert in general?

In the instructions it tells you the long winded way of setting the various options, (I've copied the instructions below).

I can enter the pin number (section 6.2) and then I seem to be able to set the FN code I need, but when I try to change the setting (3h) it just drops out of programming mode.

The instruction manual is here http://www.kodinis.lt/images/graphics/1220957559.pdf

Is this something you are familiar with, or do you think I should start a new thread?

Regards,

Paul

6.2. ENTERING THE PIN CODE.
Open vehicle doors and turn the ignition ON. Shortly after when system LED starts bursting
double flashes, count till the number of double flashes corresponding with digit 1 of the PIN code.
Turn the ignition OFF for a short time and turn it ON again. Count double flashes till the number corresponds with digit 2 of the PIN code.
Turn the ignition key OFF and ON again. Enter the remaining two digits of the PIN code respectively.
Upon correct entry of all four digits of the PIN code, LED fires triple flashes for 12 seconds progressing into frequent light bursts.
If you have made a mistake during the entering the PIN code, turn OFF the ignition, close the doors and start article 6.2 steps all over again.

Service mode is turned OFF by pressing remote control button

3. SETTING FUNCTIONS OF THE ALARM SYSTEM.
Actions to be performed in the following sequence:
a) Open vehicle doors and leave it opened;
b) Enter PIN code (see User Manual 6.2.), close the doors;
c) Wait for approximately 12 seconds (intended for remote control pre-programing), till system LED stops flashing
in triple bursts of light and starts flashing rapidly;
d) Within 8 minutes following the PIN code entry enter the FN number (by analogy with the PIN code) of the
function you want to change. Short flash of direction indicators indicates correct FN entry. No flashing of
direction indicators, means either incorrect FN or dedicated 8 minutes have elapsed;
e) If FN code has not been entered due to elapsed time, press remote control button or , enter the PIN
code once more and wait for 12 seconds;
f) If FN code has not been entered due to the error, turn the ignition off, wait until system LED starts flashing
rapidly and repeat the FN code. After correct entry of the FN code the system extends control time for 8
minutes awaiting a code from remote control button or . Within this control time check current SN
settings or enter a new one. The system again extends control time to 8 minutes;
g) Check SN setting only with the ignition OFF. Press remote control button counting short flashes of
direction indicators;
h) If function setting is not met, turn the ignition ON. Press remote control button with 1 second intervals as many
times as the desired number of SN. Wait for 3 seconds until short siren chirp and flash of direction indicators
appear.
New setting has been entered into memory. Therefore, turn the ignition OFF and check SN setting as described
in article "3g".
paulrichardson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi I'm not an alarm expert exactly, I'm handy with wiring and reasonably good with electronics etc.
If your alarm is wired and working correctly then i would expect that following those instructions should work.
If they don't then maybe there is something wrong somewhere?
I'd have to see pictures of how it is set up and all the instructions, even then I'd be scratching my head lol.
Are you just trying to sort out the Motion sensor?
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby paulrichardson » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:07 pm

loot wrote:Are you just trying to sort out the Motion sensor?

The sensors "should" be easy to adjust as they both have little adjusters on them.

But there are a few settings I need to change.

I'd like it to "chirp" when I alarm it, so I don't have to look for the indicators flashing.

Also there is an option to link it to my tracker, so it sends me a txt if the alarm goes off.

I've just noticed that there is an LED on the Shock sensor which is on all the time (the one on the proximity sensor is only on when it detects something), maybe it's faulty and stopping me changing the settings.

I'll disconnect it and see if it makes a difference.

Regards,

Paul
paulrichardson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby xaviargu » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:13 pm

Hello there,
I have just registered just to see if you can solve my problem with the door switches on mk7.

I read all the posts in this thread and when I was thinking you are finding how to solve the think with the alarm and the door you found a different way to connect it.

Paulrichardson,
You have connected it to the doom lights but I was told that due to the delays for closing and opening the light when you open or close the door, the alarm will not work properly. Have you had a problem with this?

Loot
In other hand, do you thin using the pin for the lights on the C3 connector will work? Is it affected by the delays?

I am getting crazy with this, I was ready to give up since I found very few info in the net....until now, :D :D :D :D
xaviargu
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby loot » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:20 am

loot wrote:OK but Ford transits seem to have some things back to front like the lights and most bcm control is done by negative switching, it may all be the same way in alarms (closed circuit to trigger) so it's pretty safe working on it either way, it'll work or not work lol.
C3- pin 14 is earthed via all 4 ajar switches (not including bonnet) (it's to turn on the interior lights va bcm) so when 1 door opens the circuit is earthed and you should trip the alarm. 8)
Fingers crossed :mrgreen:

Hi xaviargu, if you link your door trigger wires to c3- pin 14 it will earth when the doors are opened and set the alarm off.
I believe that with doors shut the circuit is broken so you only need a short to ground to switch the alarm.

Regarding the interior lights delay, I believe they go of straight away (upto 2 seconds or so dimming out when you lick the van)
I would imagine the alarm will also have a delay in being fully active for various vehicle system shut downs.(generic function as some vehicles fans etc can run on after the key is taken out)
Although don't quote me on that in this case as I don't know your alarm specifics, or whether it sees voltage drops etc.

Paul should be able to tell you if he has had issues with the delay on the lights.

If you need me to take a picture of c3- pin 14 let me know and I'll get 1 later.
:-)
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby xaviargu » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:29 am

Thanks Loot,

really amazing to find this kind of help in a forum...perhpas I am used to the spanish forums and there is not so menya experts on this topic.

Hi xaviargu, if you link your door trigger wires to c3- pin 14 it will earth when the doors are opened and set the alarm off.
I believe that with doors shut the circuit is broken so you only need a short to ground to switch the alarm.

I will check during weekend if I can find the C3 pin 14, I do not see a major problem here.

But, I have no idea what are you referring to ground to switch the alarm...should I make any addtional action rather than connect the cable for the door triggers?

I have a Tk102B alarm (typical from Ebay), I will try to find a link to the instructions. it says only to know if it is a positive o negative trigger to connect one or other cable. A the problem is to find a suitable door trigger.

Thanks again for your help.
xaviargu
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Problems & Questions