*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Are these the correct injectors and dodgy mechanics

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Are these the correct injectors and dodgy mechanics

Postby furnitureman » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:45 pm

Evening all i finally got all my injectors out the codes on them are 6C1Q-9K546-BB is this correct for a 56 plate 140 it seems they have been messed with by some back street mechanic or idiot the rear two have codes that differ by 1 number the front two are completely different numbers and when i removed the rear 2 injectors the copper washers came with them and they looked ok then i took no 2 injector out and the idiot mechanic had obviously lost a washer so he used a cup washer the type you use with a countersunk screw on furniture :shock: then when i eventually got no 1 out the copper washer was half the thickness of the back two, luckily everything went back well and the new clamp bolts tightened up ok new o rings on leak off pipes and then a full oil service the van sounds as sweet as a nut now, next job plug into ids and check everything, one thing i am not sure of is how to tell if the injectors have been correctly coded in, i put them back in the same order and i took all numbers of the injector body's.
MK7 2006, 2.4 tdci, 140ps + TUNIT box = 165ps jumbo rwd known as "Big Blue" to the kids.
furnitureman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Are these the correct injectors and dodgy mechanics

Postby Frag » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:59 pm

You need to check the injector correction factors with i.d.s......

In service functions,toolbox.

Then if you can,update PCM to latest calibration,run pump learn then run injector pilot correction routine.
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby furnitureman » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:44 pm

Frag wrote:You need to check the injector correction factors with i.d.s......

Then if you can,update PCM to latest calibration,run pump learn then run injector pilot correction routine.

Hi Frag thanks for the info I took the injectors out but did not notice a 16 digit code the only codes I got were 6c1q-9k546-bb. Then 08h 04574 the last ones were different on all injectors have I missed the codes,
MK7 2006, 2.4 tdci, 140ps + TUNIT box = 165ps jumbo rwd known as "Big Blue" to the kids.
furnitureman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby karl » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:00 pm

is their not another post you put p for the same old questions :(
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby furnitureman » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:07 pm

karl mcghee wrote:is their not another post you put p for the same old questions :(

Sorry if I have put you to the trouble of not helping me with my question I'm not at home on my laptop and I have very limited 3G coverage last time I looked this forum was for people to get help with problems if you don't want to help dont reply to posts
furnitureman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Frag » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:24 pm

furnitureman wrote:
Frag wrote:You need to check the injector correction factors with i.d.s......

Hi Frag thanks for the info I took the injectors out but did not notice a 16 digit code the only codes I got were 6c1q-9k546-bb. Then 08h 04574 the last ones were different on all injectors have I missed the codes,

The correction factors are on the electrical connection,on injector.
Disconnect plug on top and they are lightly etched into plastic,
Very difficult to read and distinguish usually,may need a small magnifying glass :idea:
Frag
Ford Technician

Return to Technical Problems & Questions