*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 Central Locking

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Mk7 Central Locking

Postby McLovin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:08 pm

Hi folks I have a problem with my 2011 85 swb van.

Arrived home after travelling with the rear doors locked as normal, climbed out and went to double lock and the horn sounded. Checked doors, both fronts unlocked but closed them again, rear double door and sliding door locked.

Tried to lock again but indicators flash and horn sounds. Locks make no noise as if attempting to lock. Try both unlock buttons on the remote and indicators flash but no lock noise.

I am able to secure the van by manually locking the passenger door from inside then locking drivers door with the key but when I do this the horn still sounds. Once this is done if I press either unlock button the indicators flash but nothing unlocks.

My major problem is that I can't access the rear at all as there is a steel bulkhead fitted and all my gear is locked in the rear. I have tried turning the key to unlock twice. running the van for a while, turning key back and forwards 5 times.

Is there anything else to try before I have to cut the hinges and loom of the back door?

Cheers!
McLovin

Re: Mk7 Central Locking

Postby McLovin » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:15 pm

Turns out my rear door lock had collapsed/seized and the door hinges had to be cut off!

Now sorted and back on the road :)
McLovin

Return to Technical Problems & Questions